The dark gray Yamaha MCR-042 Micro Component System supports a variety of audio sources. It features a 30-pin digital iPod/iPhone dock, a slot-in type CD player and an AM/FM radio. For alternative wired connectivity methods, there is an auxiliary audio jack for listening to portable audio devices including laptops, smartphones, MP3 players and more. The MCR-042 is equipped with a USB port as well, which you can use to play WAV (PCM format only), MP3 and WMA audio files from a USB memory device or flash drive.
The MCR-042 is equipped with Yamaha's IntelliAlarm technology. IntelliAlarm wakes you up gently by increasing the music volume from your compatible iPod or iPhone gradually over several minutes until the beep goes off. Plus, by installing the Yamaha DTA Controller App on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, you can adjust the settings of the alarm quickly and easily. The MCR-042 stereo sound is produced from dual 4.5" full-range drivers that generate deep bass, as well as clear midrange and high notes. The system features Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer as well, which restores the feeling of expansiveness and dynamic range to compressed audio files.
- Flexible Style
- With its compact size, solid steel panels and user-friendly controls, the MCR-042 is designed to fit on furniture or shelves in the home or office. The speakers can either be placed adjacent to the main unit or can be moved apart, enabling more flexible arrangements.
- Diverse Connectivity & Docking
- The MCR-042 lets you dock your iPod or iPhone, listen to AM/FM radio and connect your iPad or USB device to the front-panel USB port. It also features a slot-in type CD player and an auxiliary audio input, which allows you to connect a wide range of other sources.
- Powerful Sound
- Employing powerful 4.5" full-range drivers in large-volume speaker cabinets, the MCR-042 delivers exceptional acoustic performance from a compact system. You'll hear deep, rich bass, clear midrange and bright high notes. Plus, digital docking ensures high-quality audio connectivity with iPod/iPhone devices.
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- Designed for MP3 files and other similar formats, Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer restores the dynamic performance of compressed audio files and delivers sound that has a greater feeling of expansiveness.
- IntelliAlarm & DTA Controller App
- Yamaha's IntelliAlarm wakes you up gently by increasing music from your iPod or iPhone gradually over several minutes until the beep goes off. By installing the Yamaha DTA Controller App for your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad, you can adjust the settings of the alarm simply and easily. The app requires iOS 4.3 or higher.
- CD Text Display
- CD Text Display gives you information about the CD currently playing right on the CD player's display. The 3-mode text display shows the CD's title, the artists name and the title of the track.