The Heliopan 46mm #22 Orange Glass Filter for Black and White Film is used for producing contrast effects that darken sky and water, as in more dramatic architectural photography. This filter will also suppress blue. It makes clouds stand out even more than a #15 Yellow filter when shooting against a blue sky. Distant horizons will look even clearer.
Heliopan Lichtfilter-Technik of Munich, Germany has changed their black anodized brass filter rings on most Heliopan non-rotating filters to their "slim" mounts. These slim mounts are made of black anodized brass stock and have so little rim in front of the lens (5.4mm) that they will not vignette with lenses as short as 21mm.
Heliopan offers a wide selection of sizes, screw-in, series, bayonet, square and rectangular filters including digital, video, center weighted, graduated, wide angle, Kaesmann polarizers, drop-in polarizers, etc.
Note! Not recommended for flesh tones
- Not as strong as a #25 Red filter
- Darkens blue sky creating dramatic contrast between sky and clouds
- Effective in cutting through haze; creates contrast between foliage and flowers
- All Heliopan screw-in type and series size filters are mounted in precision black anodized brass rings to eliminate binding or cross threading and to ensure optimal alignment
- Filters still retain front threads for a lens cap, a lens hood or even stacking a second filter
- The portion of the Heliopan slim filters that are in front of the lens have been reduced in thickness by 37% over the former mount
- Heliopan cuts, grinds, polishes and coats their filters with the same techniques and equipment as used for the finest German camera lenses