Whether you are a sound engineer orchestrating delicate mix or mastering sessions, an audiophile searching for superior sound, or simply monitoring a DAW at 192kHz, the Zodiac+ HD Mastering 192 kHz D/A Converter from Antelope Audio is especially designed to cross-link these worlds and allow you to enter a new realm of detail and satisfaction with your musical creation or listening experience. Zodiac+ is a high definition 192 kHz digital to analog converter created especially to suit the high demands of professional mastering engineers.
The 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking technology and Antelope's Oven Clock employed in Zodiac+ DAC are the same the company uses in its pro audio equipment for clients such as Warner Brothers, Universal Audio, and Sony Music. The D/A converter provides an openness, transparency and depth that enable professionals to monitor their work with high precision. This allows them to make accurate and creative decisions while mixing. Zodiac+ DAC is equipped with de-jittered, re-clocked digital outputs, precision trim pots for balanced analog outs, and balanced & unbalanced analog inputs.
- Professional Features
- Added flexibility for the professional user makes for an efficient device: AES Input, fine trimmers on the balanced Outputs, mono button, mute select (soft & full), transparent analog Inputs, BNC word clock Input, 192 kHz USB.
- Oven Controlled Clock
- The clock is housed in a shielded container where the temperature is kept constant, therefore bringing benefits to the detail, dynamics, and stereo placement of the audio.
- Smooth Headphones
- Linear, Dual Stage Headphone Amps deliver smooth sound at both high and low levels. Custom designed for accurate monitoring with a wide range of headphone impedance. Controlled by a dedicated volume knob.
- Source Switching
- With a number of different inputs available, you can monitor many sources such as CD, laptop, DAW or mixers, and keyboards. Balanced and unbalanced inputs at both +4db and -10db allow tremendous flexibility, while auto detection of connected devices means source selection is simple and convenient.
- 64-Bit Technology
- The 64-bit algorithms allow precise control over Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) and Jitter Management; two critical components to improve audio via clocking. The incoming digital signal is brought to life with this 64-bit technology, resulting in smooth and detailed audio whatever the method of digital connectivity.
- To preserve the full bit resolution of the DAC, volume adjustment is entirely in the analog domain. Separate analog and digital power supplies eliminate digital cross-talk. This is further enhanced by keeping analog and digital circuits on separate PCB's. These gold plated boards utilize large internal ground plains, canceling noise, and voltage shifts.
- De-Jittered Audio Output
- Digital Outputs on AES/EBU and S/PDIF offer all the benefits of Antelope's 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking; so external devices gain sonic advantages when connected to Zodiac+.
- Custom implementation of the USB chip leads to efficient audio performance and comprehensive support for your system. There are user selectable modes tailored to suit both Mac and PC; and with a data transfer rate of 480 Mbits flawless audio is achieved with native drivers.
- Software Control Panel
- Zodiac Software Control Panel allows remote control of the DAC directly from the screen of your computer. It is compatible with OS X, Windows, and Linux and provides easy access to a number of additional features such as fast firmware update, peak meter, product registration, and feedback form.