The Antelope Audio Zodiac+ Mastering DAC is a high definition digital to analog converter capable of up to 192 kHz sample rate. It is intended for both audiophiles and professional mixing and mastering engineers. The DAC features Antelope's 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking technology and shielded oven controlled clock. It includes re-clocked de-jittered digital outputs, precision trim pots for controlling the balanced analog output, and both balanced and unbalanced analog outputs.
You can switch between multiple input sources such as a laptop, CD, Digital Audio Workstation, mixers, and keyboards. The sources can be either balanced or unbalanced at both +4 dB and -10 dB. An auto detection feature makes it easy for the DAC to switch to the source that is playing a signal. The Acoustically Focused Clocking and Jitter Management features of the DAC utilize 64-bit algorithms to help smooth and bring out the details of the audio. The converter includes AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital outputs, allowing you to enjoy the sonic characteristics of the converter with external devices. To achieve these results, the converter utilizes a custom USB chip with tailored modes for OS X and Windows. It can transfer audio data at up to 480 Mbits per second. As a convenience, the unit features an anti-thump protection circuit when powering the device on or off.
For input connections, the DAC features an AES/EBU digital input, two S/PDIF coaxial inputs, two optical TOSLINK inputs, a BNC Word Clock input, a USB on mini B type connector, and two unbalanced analog RCA inputs. For output connections, the converter includes two 1/4" TRS headphone outputs, two balanced analog XLR outputs, two balanced analog 1/4" TRS outputs, two unbalanced analog RCA outputs, a de-jittered AES/EBU digital output, and two de-jittered S/PDIF outputs.
- Professional Inputs and Controls
- The DAC features AES input, mono summing button, mute select (soft and full), analog inputs, AES input, BNC word clock, and 192 kHz over USB connections
- Switching Sources
- Automatically detects which source is outputting signal from options such as a DAW, mixer, keyboard, laptop, or a CD player
- De-Jittered Audio
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital outputs are de-jittered by the DAC's 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking technology
- Oven Controlled Clock
- Housed in a shielded metal container, the oven controlled clock is kept at a constant temperature which in turn makes the music more detailed, dynamic, and better placed in space
- 64-Bit Algorithm
- The DAC utilizes 64-bit algorithms for precise clocking with its Acoustically Focused Clocking and Jitter Management technology. This smoothes the audio and brings out more detail
- Antelope Performance USB
- Incorporates a custom designed USB chip with 480 Mbit data transfer and selectable modes for Windows and Mac OS X
- Smooth Headphones
- The DAC features volume controlled dual stage headphone amplifiers for smoothes response throughout the frequency spectrum
- Cutting-Edge Design
- To limit crosstalk interference, the digital and analog components of the DAC are on separate gold plated printed circuit boards with separate analog and digital power supplies
- Software Control
- The Zodiac Software Control Panel allows you to control the DAC from a computer running Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X