Designed to deliver bit perfect, transparent sound, the Zodiac 192 kHz Digital-to-Analog Converter from Antelope Audio is suitable for the most demanding professional studios and mastering rooms, high-end audiophile applications, including: HDTV, DVD, digital cable, music server, portable music player, digital audio workstations, and desktop audio editing applications. Zodiac is also suitable for the home user who simply loves to listen to music.
Separate A and D power supplies virtually eliminate digital cross-talk and this is further enhanced by keeping those circuits on separate boards. These boards utilize large internal ground plains, cancelling noise, and voltage shifts. The Custom designed USB controller chip streams data at 480 Mbits, allowing audio up to 192 kHz with native drivers for Mac, PC, and Linux. Dual-stage headphone driver architecture delivers smooth sound at both high and low levels. The digital audio converter employs Antelope's proprietary 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology and oven controlled oscillator which establish pro audio industry standards, bringing benefits to the detail, dynamics, and stereo placement of the audio.
The sampling rate of up to 192 kHz and 129 dB dynamic range position the Zodiac D/A converter among devices in a considerably higher price range. The DAC features 2 x S/PDIF, 2 x optical inputs, balanced and unbalanced analog outputs, and a high-speed USB 2.0 connectivity through a custom USB chip, working with native drivers.
- Oven Controlled Clock
- The clock is housed in a shielded container where the temperature is kept constant, therefore bringing benefits to the detail, dynamics, and stereo placement of the audio.
- Linear, dual stage headphone amplifiers deliver smooth sound at both high and low levels. Custom designed for accurate monitoring with a wide range of headphone impedances. Controlled by a dedicated volume knob.
- 64-Bit Technology
- The 64-bit algorithms offer control over the Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) and Jitter Management, two critical components to improve audio via clocking. The incoming digital signal is brought to life with this 64-bit technology, resulting in smooth and detailed audio whatever the method of digital connectivity.
- To preserve the full bit resolution of the DAC, volume adjustment is entirely in the analog domain. Separate analog and digital power supplies eliminate digital cross-talk. This is further enhanced by keeping analog and digital circuits on separate PCB's. These gold plated boards utilize large internal ground plains, cancelling noise, and voltage shifts.
- Custom implementation of the USB chip leads to efficient audio performance and comprehensive support for your system. There are user selectable modes tailored to suit both Mac and PC; and with a data transfer rate of 480 Mbits flawless audio is achieved with native drivers.
- Software Control Panel
- Zodiac Software Control Panel allows remote control of the DAC directly from the screen of your computer. It is compatible with OS X, Windows, and Linux and provides easy access to a number of additional features such as fast firmware update, peak meter, product registration, and feedback form.