The Orion 32 Multi-Channel AD/DA Converter from Antelope Audio operates as the central hub for an audio recording and mixing system by offering 32 channels of AD/DA conversion. It also functions as the master clock with its 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking technology, oven-controlled oscillator, and four word clock outputs. It allows up to 32 channels of 192 kHz audio to stream in and out via its USB 2.0 interface, and can be connected to a PC, Mac, or an iPad running USB-enabled audio applications. The Orion 32 also features fiber-optic MADI inputs and outputs, for passing up to 32 channels of 96 kHz audio to external MADI gear. Two ADAT input ports and two ADAT output ports supply up to 16 channels of 48 kHz audio, and 32 channels of analog audio inputs and outputs are supplied on Tascam-compatible D-SUB connectors, all in a single rack space design.
- A standard word clock input is provided on a BNC connector, in order to utilize an external clock
- A 10 MHz clock input is also provided on BNC, to utilize an external Atomic Clock, such as the separately available Antelope Isochrone 10M
- The custom-built USB chip allows low-latency operation on both PC and Mac platforms
- The abundance of inputs and outputs on the Orion 32 provide versatile routing options, which can be managed with a supplied software interface
- You can save five presets with various routing and settings options, and instantly recall them with five hardware- and software-based buttons