The 12W Solar Porter 12 - 12W Portable Solar Charger from Digital Foci is an environmentally friendly, green power solution for your smartphones, tablets, mobile phones, and other small portable electronics. It is a suitable power solution for hiking, camping, remote expeditions, and day-to-day use.
The Solar Porter 12 converts the energy from the sun into usable power and passes it through the Power Regulator. And the Power Regulator provides a stable 5V output to your portable device.
It provides charging current up to 1,400mA under full sunlight conditions, comparable to the maximum charging current of most portable devices. This means the Solar Porter 12 can fully charge your smartphone in about 1 hour and your tablet in about 2.5 hours.
You can connect 2 devices to Solar Porter 12 simultaneously. When both output ports are used, the 2 connected devices will share the total available charging current, proportional to the current draw requirement of each device.
The multiple hanging loops of Solar Porter 12 make it easy to hang it on the wall, on the side of the tent, or to tie it to the back of your backpack. Take advantage of the different options to allow Solar Porter 12 to receive maximum sunlight available while you enjoy your outdoor activities. Utilize the built-in utility pockets at the back of the Solar Porter 12 to store the included power regulator and USB cable, as well as other accessories such as external battery pack and additional charging cables.
To maximize the solar charging capabilities of your Solar Porter 12, you can use it together with a compatible external battery pack such as Battery Porter 8000 or 5200 (sold separately).
This combination allows you to charge your external battery pack during daytime hours when sunlight is available. With the external battery pack charged, you can use it to charge your portable devices at night while you sleep, or anytime and anywhere you need.
Another benefit of using an external battery pack with your Solar Porter 12 is to provide a buffer against days when you are not able to access sufficient sunlight. You will be able to use the power stored in the external battery pack to bridge you over to the next time you can effectively use your Solar Porter 12.
Note! Actual charging current will vary depending on factors including intensity of available sunlight, battery charge level of the connected device, and minimum input current required by the connected device.
- Uses eco-friendly solar power to recharge most 5V portable devices including tablets, smartphones, cell phones, MP3 and GPS devices, and game consoles
- Powerful 12W system provides up to 1,400mA charging current under full sunlight, comparable to the maximum charging current of most portable devices
- 3-panel system easily folds up to be smaller than a piece of letter-size paper for an optimal combination of power and portability
- Dual USB outputs allow for charging 2 devices simultaneously
- Works with most portable devices that use USB charging connections
- Built-in utility pockets for storing the included power regulator, and other charging accessories such as external battery packs and USB cables