The Meridian Technologies DT-1A1C2K/2K-2 DigiFlex Laser-Based Multimode Transmitter incorporates digital encoding technology. This fiber optic module transmits one unidirectional 24-bit audio, one unidirectional contact closure, and two bi-directional RS-485 data channels over a multimode fiber.
It incorporates plug-in personality signal cards to easily configure a wide variety of module types. The functionality of this DT/DR-1A1C2K/2K Series Transmitter is enhanced by its compatibility with Meridian’s PC-based SpectraSmart Network Management & Diagnostic Software system. SpectraSmart supervises the operating parameters of the transmission system such as the status on video levels, sync, digital carrier detect, voltages, temperatures, optical levels, etc.
The transmitter is available with rack mount cards and modules that can be installed in Meridian’s card chassis, desk chaises, and 19” racking frames (sold separately). This system can be configured in either star (module to rack) or trunking (rack to rack) configurations. It can also be made a standalone system by using the SR-1000/s 2-slot desk / wall mount chassis (87 to 264VAC; sold separately).
- Transmits one unidirectional 24-bit audio, one unidirectional contact closure, and two bidirectional RS-485 data channels
- Real time audio / contact closure
- Contact closure with 24-bit audio
- Meets RS-250C short haul transmission specifications
- Wide Optical Dynamic Range: Eliminates the need for optical attenuators
- Laser-based systems for multimode
- SMT (Surface Mount Technology) for high reliability and repeatability
- SpectraSmart Network Management compatible
- Local LED status indicators to monitor critical system diagnostics for performance parameters
- ST optical connector
- Hot swappable cards
- Laser back biased photo detector circuitry for stable optical output over full temperature range
- Meets EIA RS-170 and RS-343A formats
- DB 9-type connector for audio
- HD 15-pin connector for contact closure
- Markets: Access control, security and surveillance, ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems)