The US-322 from Tascam is two input/two output USB 2.0 digital audio interface that features two low noise microphone preamps with phantom power, a built-in digital mixer and effects, and low latency monitoring. Steinberg's Cubase LE 6 software bundle is included to facilitate out of the box use on a user's Mac or Windows based computer.
Inputs include XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors with the ability to switch Line 1 input to a Hi-Z input for direct connection of electric guitars or other electronic instruments. The converters allow for up to 24-bit/96kHz recording and the internal processing is 24-bit throughout, although internal effect use is limited to 44.1 or 48kHz sound sources.
The DSP mixer functions in two modes. The multi-track mode is ideal for music creation delivering independent monitor mixing with send-levels, as can be found on an inline-console. In addition, the mode delivers mono monitoring. The stereo-mix mode is geared towards easy and convenient podcast recording or broadcasting.
On-board DSP effects include a compressor, 3-band EQ, and reverb. Input effects can be used during recording, while the reverb can be applied to any monitoring signal at the same time. Low-latency monitoring is available from the on-board digital mixer, and volume can be monitored and adjusted easily with the oversized dedicated top panel knob.
A conveniently placed "Mixer Panel" button located on top of the unit provides a one-click recall function for the DSP-mixer. The unit is housed in a compact, aluminum desktop housing and is USB bus powered, especially useful for mobile use.
- Two input/two output USB audio interface in a convenient aluminum desktop housing
- Two HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone preamps with +48V phantom power and XLR inputs
- Two 1/4" TRS line inputs with Line 1 switchable to a Hi-Z input for connecting electric instruments
- Low-latency monitoring via on-board DSP mixer
- Digital mixer delivers two operation modes with Stereo Mix Mode for Internet broadcasting and movie file creating/editing, and Multi-Track Mode for dedicated monitor mixing
- Built-in digital effects include compressor and 3-band EQ inserts, along with a reverb send
- Dedicated "Mixer Panel" button recalls DSP mixer with a single mouse click
- Two 1/4" TRS balanced outputs with two RCA phono unbalanced outputs (both output the same signal)
- Large line out volume knob
- Headphone output
- USB bus-powered, perfect for mobile recording
- Up to 24-bit/96 kHz recording
- Includes Steinberg Cubase LE 6 software bundle