The Nikon all-in-one AF-S Nikkor DX 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens features a 16.7x zoom and VR II image stabilization. It's an excellent multi-use lens that can be used anywhere on any subject. The long-range 18 - 300mm focal length can cover everything from wide-angle shots to high-power zoom shots. It delivers the equivalent of 450mm of telephoto range and it's also great for close-up shots - as close as 1.48 feet from your subject at 300mm.
In addition to the obvious advantages of a long 16.7x telephoto zoom range, the lens also employs a zoom-lock switch, and 9-blade rounded diaphragm opening and three ED and aspherical lens elements. The zoom-lock switch helps to keep the lens secure when it is not in use, preventing it from extending and getting bumped or damaged. And utilizing a 9-blade rounded diaphragm allows for beautiful bokeh and blurred background effects in photos with a shallower depth of field.
Having three ED glass elements and three aspherical elements means this lens will provide you and your camera with spectacular image quality, clarity and contrast in every frame you capture. It's suited for all levels of photography and video capture, from amateur to professional. Plus, it touts features like Nikon's Super Integrated Coating, internal focus, silent wave motor and M/A (manual/auto) focus mode switch.
- Versatile, Ultra-High Power 16.7x Zoom Lens
- Goes from wide-angle (27mm equivalent) all the way to super-telephoto (450mm equivalent) for maximum versatility and reach
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation
- Zoom Lock Switch
- Secures the lens barrel at its minimum focal length, preventing the lens from extending during transport
- M/A (Manual/Auto) Focus Mode Switch
- This NIKKOR lens features a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare
- Internal Focus (IF)
- All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel, which allows for a more compact, lightweight construction - as well as a closer focusing distance
- Focus to 1.48' at 300mm
- Achieve razor-sharp images as close as 1.48 ft from your subject at 300mm
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization, which is tailored to each lens, enables handheld shooting at up to four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible for dramatically sharper images and HD videos - even in low light
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- The rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings
- Wide angle G-Type lens with distance information
- Three aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion glass ED elements