The P8Z77-V LE PLUS LGA1155 Intel Z77 Chipset Motherboard from ASUS is an ATX form factor motherboard, compatible with Intel CPUs that use the LGA1155 socket. It features iGPU, memory and PCIe controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCIe 3.0/2.0 lanes. It also boasts Quad-GPU SLI, Quad-GPU CrossFireX, 3-Way CrossFireX and LucidLogix Virtu MVP support.The motherboard features Intel Z77 express chipset. The chipset provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, it features four USB 3.0 ports for 10 times faster data retrieval speed. The motherboard is PCIe 3.0 ready. PCIe 3.0 comes with improved encoding schemes that provide twice the performance of current PCIe 2.0. The motherboard also boasts Intel Smart Response, Intel Smart Connect, Intel Rapid Start and many other advanced technologies. The world's first Dual Intelligent Processors from ASUS pioneered twin onboard chips - TPU (TurboV Processing Unit) and EPU (Energy Processing Unit). Dual Intelligent Processors 3 builds on that foundation with SMART DIGI+ power control, which includes multiple digital voltage controllers, allowing ultra-precise tuning for the CPU, iGPU and DRAM. It's upgraded with one-click extreme performance optimization and selectable CPU wattage levels, offering easier power control and better power savings with the user-friendly AI Suite II utility.
CPU, Chipset and Graphics Features
- LGA1155 Intel 3rd/2nd Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors Ready
- The motherboard supports the LGA1155 socket for 3rd generation Intel Core processor-based platform and 2nd generation Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors in the LGA1155 package, with iGPU, memory and PCIe controllers integrated. These controllers support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory and 16 PCIe 3.0/2.0 lanes. This enables the motherboard to provide outstanding graphics performance.
- Intel Z77 Express Chipset
- The Intel Z77 Express Chipset features a single chipset design to support LGA1155 socket for 3rd generation Intel Core processor-based platform and 2nd generation Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the chipset features four USB 3.0 ports for 10 times faster data retrieval speed. Moreover, Intel Z77 Express Chipset can enable the iGPU function, which allows you to enjoy Intel integrated graphics performance.
- Dual-Channel DDR3 2400 (O.C.)/2200 (O.C.)/2133 (O.C.)/1866 (O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz Support
- The motherboard supports DDR3 memory that features data transfer rates of DDR3 2400 (O.C.)/ 2200 (O.C.)/2133 (O.C.)/1866 (O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz to meet the higher bandwidth requirements of 3D graphics, multimedia and Internet applications. The dual-channel DDR3 architecture enlarges the bandwidth of your system memory to boost system performance.
- Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support
Flexible Multi-GPU Solutions
This motherboard offers you the multi-GPU choice of either SLI or CrossFireX. It features the most powerful Intel Z77 platform to optimize PCIe allocation in multiple GPU configurations.
- Intel Smart Response Technology
SSD Speed with HDD Capacity
Intel Smart Response technology boosts the overall system performance. It uses a fast Solid-State Drive (min 18.6GB available capacity required) installed as a cache for frequently accessed data. Key benefits include reduced load and wait times, as well as lower power consumption through the elimination of unnecessary hard drive spin. This technology combines Solid-State Drive performance with a hard drive capacity, operating up to 6 times faster than a hard drive-only system.
- Intel Smart Connect Technology
Auto Application Refresh. Less Waiting Time
Your computer can receive web updates with fresh content for selected applications, even when the system is in sleep mode. This means the waiting time is less for applications to update and sync with the cloud, leading to a more efficient computing experience.
- Intel Rapid Start Technology
Instantly Awake Your PC from Sleep Mode
It allows your computer to quickly resume from a low-power hibernate state in seconds. Saving your system memory to the designated Solid-State Drive, it provides your computer a faster wake-up response time, while still keeping the energy use low.
Latest Transfer Technology
- PCIe 3.0 Ready
- PCIe 3.0 comes with improved encoding schemes that provide twice the performance of current PCIe 2.0. The total bandwidth for an x16 link reaches a maximum of 32 GBps, double that of PCIe 2.0 (in x16 mode). As such, PCIe 3.0 provides you unprecedented data speeds, combined with the convenience and seamless transition offered by complete backward compatibility with PCIe 1.0 and PCIe 2.0 devices. PCIe 3.0 is a must-have feature for users who wish to improve and optimize graphic performance, as well as have the most up-to-date technology available. 1
- Complete USB 3.0 Integration
- ASUS facilitates strategic USB 3.0 accessibility for both the front and rear panel - six USB 3.0 ports in total. It allows you to experience plug-and-play connectivity at speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- Double USB Access, Double Convenience
- The Intel Z77 Express chipset natively supports the next-generation SATA interface, delivering data transfer rates of up to 6 Gbps. ASUS provides extra SATA 6 Gbps ports with enhanced scalability, faster data retrieval and double the bandwidth of current bus systems.
Dual Intelligent Processors 3 with SMART DIGI+ Technology
- TPU Plus SMART DIGI+
TPU with the All-New SMART DIGI+ for a Blazing Performance Boost
Always at the forefront of power design, ASUS propels you into the future standard of power management by SMART DIGI+ technology, which works with the TPU (TurboV Processing Unit) to ramp up performance to its maximum. You can enable the SMART DIGI+ key with a single click and adjust CPU ratios manually in the TPU to increase CPU frequency up to an incredible 85%.
CPU Wattage Reduced to Half
SMART DIGI+ technology also includes the smart CPU Power Level profile, which reduces CPU power consumption to a specific indicated wattage with a single click, creating a cooler and quieter PC. With next generation Intel VRD 12.5 future power technology, ASUS leaps to the future of innovation.
The Ultimate Turbo Processor
Unleash your performance with ASUS's simple onboard switch or AI Suite II utility. The TPU chip offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring through auto tuning, GPU boost and TurboV functions. Auto tuning offers a user-friendly way to automatically optimize the system for fast, yet stable clock speeds, while TurboV enables unlimited freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance in diverse situations.
Energy Efficiency All Around
Tap into the world's first real-time PC power saving chip through a simple onboard switch or AI Suite II utility. You can get total system-wide energy optimization by automatically detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power consumption. This also reduces fan noise and extends component longevity.
ASUS Exclusive Features
- USB 3.0 Boost
Faster USB 3.0 Transmission with UASP
ASUS USB 3.0 Boost technology supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol). With USB 3.0 Boost technology, a USB device's transmission speed is significantly increased up to 170%, adding to an already impressive fast USB 3.0 transfer speed. ASUS software automatically accelerates data speeds for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without the need for any user interaction.
- GPU Boost
Go to the Limit with iGPU Level Up
GPU boost accelerates the integrated GPU for extreme graphics performance. The user-friendly interface facilitates flexible frequency adjustments. It easily delivers stable system-level upgrades for every use.
- USB BIOS Flashback
Simple Plug and Press - Hardware-Based BIOS Flashback
USB BIOS Flashback is a truly revolutionary hardware-based update solution. It offers the most convenient way to update the BIOS. It allows you to update UEFI BIOS versions even without hardware such as a CPU or DRAM installed into the motherboard. Just plug in a USB flash drive containing the BIOS file and press the BIOS Flashback button for 3 seconds with the power supply connected. The UEFI BIOS will then automatically update without requiring further interaction. With its new, complementary Windows application, you can regularly check for UEFI BIOS updates and download updated BIOS automatically.
- USB Charger+
3 Times Faster Charging for All Smart Devices
With a dedicated onboard controller, quick-charge all your smart devices such as iProducts, smartphones, tablets and more, all up to 3 times faster, even when the PC is powered off, in sleep or hibernation modes.
- ASUS UEFI BIOS (EZ Mode)
Flexible and Easy BIOS Interface
ASUS UEFI BIOS offers the first mouse-controlled graphical BIOS designed with selectable modes, providing a user-friendly interface that goes beyond the traditional keyboard-only controls. It also natively supports fully-utilized hard drives larger than 2.2TB in 64-bit operating systems.
ASUS Exclusive Interface
EZ Mode displays frequently accessed information. You can choose system performance settings and drag and drop boot priorities. Advanced Mode for performance enthusiasts includes detailed DRAM settings via a dedicated memory info page for complete insight.
Quick and Easy Info for Enhanced System Control
- F12 BIOS snapshot hotkey for sharing UEFI information and troubleshooting
- F3 Shortcut for most accessed information
- ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) information for accessing memory information, detecting faulty DIMMs and helping with difficult POST situations.
- Network iControl
Real-Time Network Bandwidth Control
With a single-click on/off button, the application currently in use has its data and network bandwidth prioritized over other programs. Moreover, you can prioritize your favorite software easily by configuring profiles through the intuitive user interface. Within the profile, programs can be pre-scheduled to run in a specific time period to avoid network congestion and long-waits on downloads. Auto PPPoE network connection provides a one-step setup for enhanced online convenience. Overall, it's an intuitive network bandwidth control center.
LucidLogix Virtu MVP
- Up to 60% Hybrid Graphics Boost and 3 Times Faster Video Conversion
- LucidLogix Virtu MVP* featuring HyperFormance technology boosts your discrete graphics card up to 60% beyond its original performance through the test of 3DMark Vantage. Designed for Intel processor graphics and Windows 7 PCs, it perfectly combines the performance of discrete graphics cards with a fast computing iGPU. Furthermore, with the virtual sync design, you can enjoy a smoother gaming experience by eliminating tearing artifacts. LucidLogix Virtu MVP can also dynamically assign tasks to the best available graphics resource, based on power, performance and system load. This allows you to fully utilize 3 times faster video conversion with Intel Quick Sync Video 2.0 technology,** while retaining high-end 3D rendering and gaming performance provided by both NVIDIA and AMD graphic cards. When the discrete graphics card is not required, power consumption goes automatically down to near zero, making the system more environment-friendly. For users searching for perfection, LucidLogix Virtu MVP provides great graphical performance with flexibility and efficiency. 2
Windows 8 Exclusive Features
- Fast Boot
Instant OS Login
ASUS has released new hardware and software designs to shorten system boot-up time to 2 seconds* for a smoother user experience, and remove annoying delays under Windows 8 and even previous versions of Windows. Faster system boot and restart means Windows starts quicker and provides higher efficiency.
- ASUS Boot Setting
Thanks to ASUS's Windows 8 hardware optimization, ASUS Boot Setting provides better flexibility in customizing your PCs startup process. You can enter the BIOS directly with one click through a user-friendly interface and quickly select your preferred system boot up method: either get to the OS in seconds or opt for regular boot up. Whatever your choice, settings are saved and persistent, with no need to choose every time you power on.