The white SkyTracker Camera Mount with Polar Scope from iOptron is a motorized astrophotography tool used to capture crisp long-exposure photographs of the night sky. The included AccuAligning polar scope helps the operator align the camera mount parallel to the Earth's axis, which is essential for capturing sharp, trail-free images of celestial bodies. After using the polar scope to align the camera mount with correct azimuth and latitude positions, the SkyTracker is ready to follow the same path of stars moving across the sky. For quicker and easier alignment, an operator can use iOptron's Polar Scope iPhone/iPad app to pinpoint their polar reference star (Polaris north of the equator, Sigma Octantis south of the equator). Within minutes, an observer will be ready to capture astrophotographs of deep sky objects.
- Accommodates SLRs and compact digital cameras up to 6.6 lb (3kg)
- Integrated compass and geared latitude adjustment wedge for polar alignment
- Latitude adjustable from 0 to 70° (north or south)
- Built-in polar sighting hole (8.5° FOV); accessory polar scope (6° FOV) with dark field illumination
- 3/8" tripod mounting socket
- Aluminum construction with white finish
- Powered by AA batteries or external 9-12V DC