The black SkyTracker Camera Mount from iOptron is a motorized astrophotography tool used to capture crisp long-exposure photographs of the night sky. The built-in compass and polar sighting hole, or the optional AccuAligning polar scope, will help an operator align the camera mount parallel to the Earth's axis. Correct alignment with Earth’s axis of rotation is essential for capturing sharp, trail-free images of celestial bodies. For quicker and easier alignment, the operator can use iOptron's Polar Scope iPhone/iPad app to pinpoint their polar reference star (Polaris north of the equator, Sigma Octantis south of the equator). After aligning the camera mount with correct azimuth and latitude positions, the SkyTracker is ready to follow the same path of stars. Within minutes, the observer will be ready to capture astrophotographs of deep sky objects.
- Accommodates SLRs and compact digital cameras up to 6.6 lb (3kg)
- Integrated compass and geared latitude adjustment wedge for polar alignment
- Latitude adjustable from 0 to 70° (north or south)
- Built-in polar sighting hole (8.5° FOV)
- 3/8" tripod mounting socket
- Aluminum construction with black finish
- Powered by AA batteries or external 9-12V DC