Sawer is a vintage synth modeling plug-in from Image-Line that is based on the Polivoks, a rare 1980's Soviet analog synthesizer. It is for Mac and Windows and can run standalone or within your DAW software as a VST or AU plug-in.
Sawer's vintage filter and envelope designs manifest themselves in the form of main, sub and noise type oscillators, two ADSR envelope generators and four different filter types. The synth is capable of both sync and ring style frequency modulation, plus it has a built-in effects section that features chorus, phaser, delay and reverb.
Sawer includes a plethora of functions and presets that are designed to give you an inspiring palette of tools to choose from. Capable of up to 24-voice polyphony, Sawer also features over 250 factory presets, a multi-mode arpeggiator and 8-voice unison with user-adjustable stereo panning.
- Main oscillator for subtractive synthesis uses saw shape with sync frequency
- Sub oscillator (-2 to +2 octaves) with level, phase & detune controls
- Variable polyphony (1 to 24 voices)
- 8 voice UNISON with user-adjustable stereo panning, detune and octaver
- 2 ADSR envelope generators (one user-assignable to modulation parameters)
- 4 filter modes - low pass (24 & 12 dB/Oct), band pass and high pass