The Access 2013 Software from Microsoft lets you create custom apps fast without being a developer. An Access web app is a new type of database that you build in Access 2013. You can then use and share the app with others as a SharePoint app in a web browser. To build an app, you just select the type of data you want to track (contacts, tasks, projects, and so on). Access creates the database structure, complete with views that let you add and edit data.
Navigation and basic commands are built-in, so you can start using your app right away. Using your SharePoint server or Office 365 site as a host, you'll be able to build a polished, browser-based database app. Access apps are stored in Microsoft SQL Azure/Server so your data is now protected by disaster recovery and back-up and restore features.
Please note that this product comes with a product key code. There is no installation DVD.
- Apps for SharePoint Development
- With Access Services and SharePoint Online or On-Prem SharePoint Server 2013, Access apps can be managed and monitored through a company SharePoint site in a browser. This enables multi-user accessibility and permissions control expected from SharePoint along with visibility on app usage
- Data Stored in SQL
- The backend has been moved to SQL Server and Windows Azure SQL Database to allow for added reliability, robust security, scalability and long-term manageability. Access applications now leverage standard SQL syntax and a true mission-critical backend, whether deployed on-premises or in the cloud
- Related Items Control
- Users can take a peek at additional relevant information in the database without changing screens, so they have the right context when reviewing or entering information
- Autocomplete Control
- Entering data will result in drop downs and recommendations made upon beginning to type in data. Lookups allow for drawing relationships between records in different tables
- App Templates
- You can start by creating a custom app or choose from one of the professionally designed app templates
- Table Templates
- Simply start typing it in the "Add tables" textbox and then choose from relevant tables to quickly define fields, relationships and rules between them
- Quick Import
- Import data from Excel, SharePoint, ODBC or legacy Access databases and Access 2013 will create a database app for information