The dark rosewood YDP-162 Arius 88-Key Digital Piano from Yamaha features a graded-hammer action keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops that is designed to emulate the feel of an acoustic piano. It has Damper, Sostenuto, and Soft foot pedals with continuous control. It provides playback from its two oval speakers and built-in dual 20-watt amplifiers or its two 1/4" headphone jacks. The YDP-162 allows you to select between hard, medium, and soft sensitivity types to correspond with your playing style.
The YDP-162 is built on Yamaha's PureCF sound engine that powers its ten built-in voices. You can combine two voices simultaneously, allowing you to create new sounds. It also features Yamaha's Acoustic Optimizer, which is designed to adjust acoustical flow and control resonances.
A built-in two-track MIDI recorder allows you to capture a performance and play it back. Using this feature, you can record your right- and left-hand performances separately at any tempo. The YDP-162 also comes with 50 songs built into its internal memory, allowing you to learn the tracks at a reduced tempo or one hand at a time.
- Graded-Hammer Synthetic Ivory Keys
- The graded-hammer action keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops is weighted to match the resistance of hammers in a grand piano. The synthetic ivory keytops give that porous, tactile feel you would expect from an acoustic piano. Its surface absorbs finger moisture allowing you to comfortably play for longer periods of time
- Yamaha's PureCF
- PureCF sampling starts with a recording of Yamaha's concert grand piano. This recording contains a number of dynamic levels from pianissimo to fortissimo, so you can experience the touch of a soft passage or the power of two-handed chords
- 128-Note Polyphony
- 128-note polyphony provides enough horsepower for a dropout-free performances even while layering two voices and playing two-handed, sustained chords with heavy pedaling. So as you become a more advanced player, your digital piano can respond to your skill level
- 50 Classic Piano Songs
- 50 classic piano songs are provided in the built-in song memory and also as a music book, "50 Greats for the Piano." Learn how to play these pieces at your own pace either one hand at a time or at a reduced tempo. Or just listen to the songs as background music
- Built-In Voices
- The YDP-162's built-in voices include Grand Piano 1, Grand Piano 2, Grand Piano 3, Electric Piano 1, Electric Piano 2, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, Pipe Organ, Jazz Organ, and Strings