The S2100-BK 21.3" Widescreen TFT LCD Monitor from EIZO is a monitor designed with CAD/CAM and DTP professionals in mind. With an enhanced 1600 x 1200 resolution on this 4:3 aspect ratio display you can also utilize this monitor for home and office use. The EIZO S2100-BK comes equipped with a variety of preset modes including text mode for office applications, movie mode for viewing videos and movies, picture mode for graphics applications, sRGB mode for web browsing, and a user defined custom mode.
This VA (vertical alignment) monitor provides 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles, better color reproduction, and a higher maximum brightness when compared to many TN (twisted nematic) displays. You can take advantage of either the 15 pin mini D-Sub or 29 pin DVI-I ports when connecting your monitor to a computer or other device. Aside from the D-Sub and DVI inputs, the EIZO S2100 monitor comes with one USB port for monitor control, and one two port USB hub making it simple to plug in USB devices such as USB hard drives, thumb drives, keyboards, mice and more.
- Optimized Brightness
- Two functions ensure stable brightness which is necessary for the proper display of color. The first is a drift correction circuit that quickly stabilizes the brightness level after startup or coming out of power saving mode. The second is an ambient brightness sensor called "BrightRegulator" that detects changes in the ambient brightness and signals the backlight to adjust the screen brightness accordingly so it is never too dark or too bright.
- Preset Modes
- For optimum viewing of different kinds of content, EIZO's Fine Contrast function includes modes for office applications (Text mode), video (Movie mode), graphics (Picture mode), web browsing (sRGB mode), and user-defined settings (Custom mode). Modes switch automatically with the bundled ScreenManager Pro for LCD software, or manually with the press of a button.
- 8 ms Midtone Response Time
- To enhance moving image playback capabilities, an overdrive circuit is included. Used with many LCD TVs, an overdrive circuit vastly improves the LCD panel's response time for changing between midtones or gray levels, which is necessary to display color images without blurring.
- Digital and Analog Inputs
- With both DVI-I and D-Sub mini 15-pin inputs, you can use a computer that has either a digital or an analog graphics board (or both if connected to two computers), and quickly switch between the inputs via a front panel button.
- Placement Flexibility
- The stand is height adjustable through an 82 mm range and provides 40° tilt and 70° swivel so every user can easily set the ideal position. It also pivots 90° for portrait mode viewing.
- 10-Bit Gamma Correction
- This technology ensures smooth, accurate color tones by converting the 8-bit PC data to 10-bit, assigning the ideal gamma values, then returning the data to 8-bit format for display.