The olive green and white Pentax Q10 Compact Mirrorless Camera with 5-15mm Lens offers versatility without the bulk and weight of a DSLR. At 4.0 x 2.3 x 1.3" (10.2 x 5.8 x 3.3 cm) and a mere 6.35 oz (180 g), it is among the world's smallest and lightest interchangeable lens cameras. The Q10 has a 12.4MP backlit 1/2.3" CMOS sensor, which captures low-noise images even at high levels of sensitivity for 12-bit DNG RAW and JPEG file formats. This sensor and the AF algorithm have been upgraded in order to provide faster, more accurate autofocusing. The camera is compatible with the PENTAX Q-mount lens system, which encompasses prime, zoom, fisheye and other types of lenses.
A 5-15mm (35mm equivalent: 27.5-83mm) 3x normal-range zoom lens is included, for capturing wide-angle shots, portraits, and everything in between. The maximum aperture ranges from a fast f/2.8 for low-light shots to f/4.5. Pentax's lens coating produces well-defined, high contrast images with minimal flare. The Neutral Density (ND) filter lets you use a wide aperture in bright environments where a narrow aperture would normally be required.
The camera's large 3.0" (7.6 cm) LCD monitor features an HVGA resolution of 460,000 pixels and provides a wide viewing angle for framing and playback. Capture full HD 1080p video at 30 frames per second in H.264 compression format. A built-in micro HDMI port enables you to view your movies on an HDTV.
The integrated pop-up flash has an effective range of up to 23' (7.0 m) at ISO 200. Sensor-shift Shake Reduction stabilizes images for clear, blur-free quality, even in low-light conditions. The camera is also equipped with the DRII Dust Reduction system.
Benefit from traditional DSLR shooting modes, such as P (Program), Av (Aperture priority), Tv (Shutter priority), and M (Manual). You can select automatic modes such as Auto Picture and Scene to take the guesswork out of image capture, leaving the camera in charge of choosing the best settings for the situation. In continuous shooting mode, capture up to 5 fps for fast-action sequences. Smart Effects modes let you apply various creative effects to your images.
Perform powerful, flexible RAW file processing via the included SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3 software. In-camera RAW image development is supported, as well.
- Super Compact and Lightweight
- At 4.0 x 2.3 x 1.3" (10.2 x 5.8 x 3.3 cm) and a mere 6.35 oz (180 g), the Q10 is among the world's smallest and lightest interchangeable lens cameras
- 12.4MP Backlit 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor
- Captures low-noise images even at high levels of sensitivity for 12-bit DNG RAW and JPEG file formats. RAW and JPEG are simultaneously recordable. Sensor has been upgraded, along with AF algorithm, to allow for faster, more accurate autofocusing
- Compatible with PENTAX Q-Mount Lens System
- Q-Mount range encompasses prime, zoom, fisheye and other types of lenses. With the optional Adapter Q for K Lens, you can also use K-mount lenses with the Q10 camera
- 5-15mm 3x Zoom Lens Included
- Bundled normal-range zoom lens has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27.5-83mm, making it suitable for capturing wide-angle shots, portraits, and everything in between. Four extra-low dispersion (ED) aspherical lens elements minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range. The lens has 5 aperture blades and syncs with the camera's built-in flash at shutter speeds up to 1/2000 sec. The maximum aperture ranges from a fast f/2.8 for low-light shots to f/4.5. Pentax's lens coating produces well-defined, high contrast images with minimal flare. The Neutral Density (ND) filter lets you use a wide aperture in bright environments where a narrow aperture would normally be required
- 3.0" (7.6 cm) LCD Monitor
- Large size and wide viewing angles of up to 170° horizontally and vertically for framing and playback. Features an HVGA resolution of 460,000 pixels. Adjustable brightness and color. Display info: Grid display (4x4 Grid, Golden Section, Scale display), Bright/dark area warning, Histogram
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Capture high-definition video at 1920x1080 resolution at 30fps in H.264 compression format. An integrated monaural microphone enables you to record sound. The built-in micro HDMI port enables you to view your movies on an HDTV
- Focus System
- Contrast detection AF (autofocus): Face Detection, Tracking, AF Select (25 Points), Select, Spot. Focus method: AF / MF (manual focus) switching. Camera features dedicated LED AF Assist lamp. Manual Focus Assist: OFF/ｘ2/ｘ4. EV1 to 18（ISO100) brightness range
- Bokeh Control
- Benefit from effortless bokeh (background blur) control via the camera's bokeh control filter. This helps you emphasize your subject, drawing the viewer's eyes to the most important part of the image
- Built-in Pop-Up Flash
- Retractable P-TTL flash with effective range of up to 23' (7.0 m) at ISO 200, and wide 28° angle of coverage. Modes: P-TTL, Red-eye Reduction, Slow-speed Sync, Trailing Curtain Sync. High extension minimizes red-eye effect common among compact cameras. Maximum flash sync speed is 1/2000 second with a lens shutter and 1/13 second with the camera's electronic shutter. The camera is also equipped with a hot shoe for an optional external flash. External flash sync speed is 1/250 second
- Image Stabilization
- Sensor-shift Shake Reduction stabilizes images for clear, blur-free quality, even in low-light conditions. Body-based, it operates independently of the camera's lenses, offering the same amount of stability regardless of lens choice. The Shake Reduction system also features integrated DRII Dust Reduction
- Exposure / Shooting Modes
- Camera performs TTL image sensor metering, segment metering, center-weighted metering, and spot metering. Traditional DSLR shooting modes, such as P (Program), Av (Aperture priority), Tv (Shutter priority), and M (Manual), are available. HDR (High Dynamic Range) captures 3 varying exposures and blends them to accentuate the details in dark shadow and bright highlight areas of extreme contrast shots. Macro, Forest, Backlight Silhouette and Stage Lighting modes are selectable, as well. Also at your disposal are automatic modes like Auto Picture and Scene, which leave the business of selecting optimal settings for any given situation to the camera. The Q10 offers a total of 21 scene modes. By choosing continuous shooting mode, you can capture fast-action sequences at up to 5 fps at maximum resolution for up to 5 frames. At a slower 1.5 fps at maximum resolution, you can capture up to 100 frames. Interval shooting from 1 sec to 24 hr is possible for a maximum of 999 images. Green simplified mode available. White balance fine adjustment: Adjustable ±7 steps on A-B axis or G-M axis. The camera enables you to save your favorite settings for instant reuse
- Smart Effects and Digital Filters
- Smart Effects modes, accessible via the camera's Quick Dial, give you the freedom to apply various creative effects to your images. Brilliant Color, Vintage Color, Warm Fade, Bold Monochrome, and Water Color are some of the effects available to you. Digital filters include Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Radiant, Muted, Bleach Bypass, Reversal Film, Monochrome, Cross Processing. As with the custom image modes, the camera enables you to save favorite filters for instant reuse
- 30 - 1/8000 Second Shutter Speeds
- Capture long nighttime exposures or freeze fast action with 30 - 1/2000 second lens shutter speeds. When using the electronic shutter, you can even achieve speeds as fast as 1/8000. Bulb mode provides flexibility for low-light shooting and motion effects
- Playback Modes
Playback View: Single frame, multi-image display (4, 9, 20, 42, 90 segmentation), display magnification (up to 16x, scrolling and quick magnification available), rotating, histogram (Y histogram, RGB histogram), bright / dark area warning, detailed information
Digital Filters: Monochrome, Toy Camera, High Contrast, Shading, Slim, HDR, Invert Color, Extract Color, Color, Water Color, Posterization, Fish-eye, Retro, Soft, Sketch Filter, Miniature, Frame Composite, Starburst, Base Parameter Adjustment
RAW Development: File Format (JPEG), Aspect Ratio, Color Space, Custom Image, White Balance, Sensitivity, High-ISO NR, Shadow Correction, Distortion Correction
Edit: Resize, Cropping (aspect ratio adjustment available), Index, Movie Editing (divide or delete selected frames), Capturing a JPEG still picture from a movie, Red-eye Edit, Saving buffer as a RAW file
- Storage Media
- Accepts SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards
- RAW File Processing
- The camera includes SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3 software for powerful, versatile RAW file processing and in-camera RAW image development
- Optional External Viewfinder
- As an alternative to using the camera's LCD monitor, you can compose shots with the optional shoe-mounted O-VF1, for use with the optional 01 Prime Lens. This accessory enables better viewing in bright sunlight, where looking at an LCD is often difficult
- Optional Remote Control O-RC1
- Choose from instant (0 sec.), 3 second delay, and continuous capture
- Camera is crafted from reinforced polycarbonate plastic
- Language Support
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese