iConnectMIDI2+ from iConnectivity is a two input, two output MIDI interface for use with Mac and Windows computers and iOS devices. However, it offers more than just the multiple I/Os. It enables musicians to integrate more than one computer or iOS device into the music making environment by providing multiple devices access to the same MIDI resources.
Uses for this feature include sending MIDI from a controller or synthesizer to a DAW and an iOS device simultaneously, or setting up redundancy in a live MIDI environment, or sending MIDI from multiple computing devices to one another, and more.
An Audio Pass-through feature allows the transmission not only of MIDI data, but also audio data from device to device simultaneously. A practical application for this might include a musician using a DAW on a computer to control a virtual instrument or other music making program on their iOS device or other computer, and sending the MIDI data as well as audio data back to the DAW without the need for extra cables, any signal degradation, or the need for additional analog to digital conversion.
iConnectivity's Port Manager software for Mac, Windows and iOS provides the user with direct control over the interface's inputs and outputs, and how MIDI is routed and filtered to and from all devices.
- Two sets of MIDI inputs and outputs
- Multi-host capability - connect two computing devices directly
- Supports Mac and Windows computers and iOS based devices
- Audio pass-through from one computing device to another
- Integrated MIDI manager with snapshot preset storage - for MIDI Thru, MIDI Merge, filtering and advanced routing control
- Supports ten ports with sixteen channels of MIDI I/O per port
- USB MIDI class compliant
- Plug and play, no drivers needed
- Charge iOS devices via optional adapter