The camouflage Nikon COOLPIX AW110 Digital Camera is a rugged compact point-and-shoot camera that features a 16 megapixel 1/2.3" backside-illuminated CMOS sensor and EXPEED C2 image processing engine to produce high quality imagery with notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 3200. A NIKKOR 5x optical zoom lens provides a wide range of focal lengths to suit most shooting situations and lens-shift VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake while working with longer zoom magnifications or in low-lit conditions. A large, bright 3.0" 614k-dot OLED monitor is available for image composition as well as playback and review of both still and moving images.
Where this camera truly excels is in its ability to withstand extreme conditions while still fully performing. It is waterproof to 59' / 18m, freezeproof to temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C, and shockproof to falls as high as 6.6' / 2m. Contributing to these durable standards, Nikon's Action Control gives greater operability by allowing you to seamlessly work with your camera with gloved hands. In addition to its capability to perform in these conditions, the AW110 can also instantly share imagery throughout your journey thanks to built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. This enables you to share still images and video directly with your iOS or Android device for uploading to social networking and image hosting sites. This connectivity is further enhanced by the inclusion of a built-in GPS transceiver, electronic compass, points of interest, and mapping features for you to plot out your adventures in-camera.
Besides capturing high quality still imagery, the AW110 supports full HD 1080p video recording at 30fps with stereo sound. Movie recording is accessible via the dedicated movie button and an HDMI port is available for sharing your work on an HDTV.
- Rugged Design
The COOLPIX AW110 features an especially durable construction that makes it ideal for use in some of the harshest conditions:
- Waterproof to 59' / 18m
- Freezeproof to 14°F / -10°C
- Shockproof to 6.6' / 2m
- A large 3.0" 614k-dot OLED monitor allows you to easily compose and review imagery in almost any situation, including bright and underwater conditions
- Nikon Action Control enables camera control even with gloved hands
- Global Connectivity
In addition to its reinforced construction, the AW110 also supports photographing your adventures through its inclusion of built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, GPS, an electronic compass, mapping, and points of interest:
- Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to directly share your imagery to any iOS or Android mobile device for instant sharing to social networking sites or via email.
- The GPS transceiver can automatically record locational data to the metadata of your imagery for plotting your journeys to maps using the included Nikon View NX2 software or to Google Earth, Google+, or other sites.
- The built-in electronic compass and maps help you navigate unfamiliar territory and the points of interest feature helps you locate nearby photo opportunities.
- 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor and Full HD 1080p Video
- The 16 megapixel 1/2.3" backside-illuminated CMOS sensor is able to deliver high resolution imagery with impressive quality and notable low-light performance. The combination of the CMOS sensor and EXPEED C2 image processor also afford high speed shooting capabilities up to 8 full resolution frames per second. Full HD 1080p video recording is possible at 30fps by way of a dedicated movie button. A built-in stereo microphone records high quality audio and an HDMI port enables direct sharing to an HDTV.
- NIKKOR 5x Optical Zoom Lens and VR Image Stabilization
- A NIKKOR 5x optical zoom lens is integrated into the camera's design, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-140mm. This zoom range can be further extended to an effective 20x through the use of digital zoom, giving an equivalent focal length of 560mm. Lens-shift-type VR image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake when working with longer focal lengths or when shooting in low-light conditions.
- Other Camera Features
- Subject Tracking automatically detects a moving subject and ensures sharp, consistent focus is maintained during shooting.
- Motion Detection analyzes the movement of your subject and will automatically select faster shutter speeds and higher ISO sensitivities to better render moving subjects.
- Scene Auto Selector, Smart Portrait System, and 3D modes.
- In-camera image editing functions: Crop, Data Imprint, D-Lighting, Glamour Retouch, Quick Effects, Quick Retouch, and Small Picture.
- Supported Languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.