The Samsung 50" 5000 Series Full HD LED TV features an LCD panel with 1920 x 1080p Full HD resolution, LED backlighting and a Clear Motion Rate of 120 that promotes sharp detail and contrast - even when watching sports and action movies. The Wide Color Enhancer Plus feature further improves picture quality by allowing you to see the full RGB spectrum. For flexible connectivity, this model offers dual HDMI inputs and a USB port that features ConnectShare Movie. This lets you play videos, music or photos from a USB drive without needing to use a PC. Other connection options include a shared component/composite AV input, a digital optical audio output and more.
This TV also features dual 10W down-firing, full-range speakers that are enhanced by DTS Studio Sound. The 5000 Series supports Dolby Digital Plus / Pulse as well, which ensures optimum audio quality when watching/listening to a USB or Internet audio source. DTS 2.0 + Digital Out and DTS Premium Sound are the TV's other premium audio decoding options. This model also features the government's Energy Star 6.0 qualification, which should please the environmentally conscious consumer. It even has an Eco Sensor that automatically adjusts TV brightness depending on the amount of ambient light in the room.
- Clear Motion Rate of 120
- Clear Motion Rate (CMR) was developed to accurately measure how well an LCD or LED TV can depict fast-moving images. Previously, motion-clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating three factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology. LED TVs with a CMR of 120 can display action-packed movement with sharp detail and vivid contrast while eliminating image distortion. This means that you'll experience sharp picture quality, even when watching fast-moving images like sports or action movies.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows you to see the entire RGB spectrum brought to life on your screen. This provides vibrant, yet natural-looking images.
- ConnectShare Movie
- ConnectShare Movie lets you watch videos, play music or view photos from a USB connection without needing to use a PC or special equipment. Simply plug your USB memory device directly into the TV's USB port and watch on the big screen with friends and family. The USB media player supports multiple formats including AVI, ASF, MP3, JPEG and more.
- Dual HDMI Connections
- HDMI is a high-quality, single-cable, digital audio/video interface for connecting the TV to a digital cable box, satellite box, DVD player, Blu-ray player, computer, laptop, gaming console, tablet, smartphone or other device with an HDMI output. This TV features two HDMI inputs, so you can connect multiple devices at once.
- Dolby Digital Plus / Pulse
- Dolby Digital Plus / Pulse optimizes the TV sound quality when viewing and listening to Internet movies, Internet music and other content played back from wired or wireless mobile phones, PCs and tablet devices.
- DTS 2.0 + Digital Out
- DTS 2.0 advanced audio processing decodes the DTS stream, then mixes down and outputs 2-channel audio, played back via stereo speakers. Digital Out means the device can also output the DTS bitstream via digital outputs (S/PDIF or HDMI) to a receiver to decode DTS audio.
- DTS Premium Sound
- DTS Premium Sound decodes DTS-encoded content (ex: Blu-ray, streaming media) and unlocks all discrete channels of audio data within the content for an impressive and immersive surround sound experience from the built-in audio system.
- Eco Sensor
- This TV's Eco Sensor measures the intensity of the light in the room and automatically adjusts the brightness of the image on the TV, for more intelligent energy management.
- Energy Star 6.0 Qualified
- Energy Star 6.0 qualification means that the TV meets strict energy-efficiency specifications set by the government. This model not only meets Energy Star 6.0 requirements, it exceeds them. This translates to more energy savings and lower utility bills, which also means that the TV will leave a smaller carbon footprint on the environment.
- DTS Studio Sound speaker system with dual down-firing, full-range 10W speakers (20W total)
- Game Mode is a mode that is designed for playing video games on the television
- Auto Power Off automatically powers down the TV to save energy if no signal is present
- Auto Volume Leveler caps volume on loud ads so they're more consistent with program volume
- This model features a built-in DTV tuner that enables it to utilize Digital Television technology (ATSC/Clear QAM)
- Clock on/off timer and closed captioning