The black Tamron 14-150mm f/3.5-5.8 Di III VC Lens is a wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens that is compatible with the Micro Four Thirds standard. This range of available focal lengths is suitable for use in almost any situation, and the lens' compact design makes it a highly portable option for everyday use.
The lens construction integrates two molded-glass aspherical elements and one hybrid aspherical element to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range. Also benefitting the reduction of chromatic aberrations is the inclusion of one LD (low dispersion) glass element, which additionally helps to increase image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity. Also contributing to an impressive image quality is the seven-blade circular diaphragm, which helps to produce an aesthetic out-of-focus quality.
A built-in Vibration Compensation (VC) mechanism helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake and aid in producing sharper imagery. This is especially beneficial when working in low-light situations or at the long end of the zoom range. Additionally, this image stabilization has been optimized for use when recording movies for fluid movement rendition. Also greatly benefitting this lens' use in conjunction with movie recording is a stepping autofocus motor, which provides fast, quiet, and accurate AF performance.
Note: The lens' VC mechanism should be turned off when used in conjunction with cameras that feature in-camera image stabilization.
- Compatible with the Micro Four Thirds standard.
- Two molded-glass aspherical elements, one hybrid aspherical element, and one LD glass element help to reduce chromatic aberrations and improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity.
- Vibration Compensation helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake, benefitting this lens' telephoto-length and use in low-light situations.
- A stepping motor autofocus system provides quick, quiet, and precise AF performance that ideally suits HD movie recording and fast-moving subject tracking.
- Compact and lightweight design is ideal for traveling and a metal lens barrel provides increased durability and tactility.