The Q88 from Alesis is 88-key USB/MIDI keyboard controller featuring semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keys, packaged in a compact and portable form. Suitable for both stage and studio use, the controller features assignable pitch and modulation wheels and data slider, along with octave transpose buttons.
The unit provides a USB-MIDI jack for easy connection to a Mac or Windows computer, along with iOS devices with the addition of Apple's Camera Connection Kit (not included). A traditional 5-pin MIDI jack is also present for connecting to external MIDI sound modules, synthesizers and samplers. Additionally, MIDI commands can be sent from the Q88's keys to change programs, patches, etc.
To allow for performing, recording and sequencing music right out of the box, the controller ships with a copy of Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition software, a customized and cross-platform version of Ableton Live. The keyboard can either be USB bus powered, or for stand-alone use, powered from an optional external power supply.
- Full piano-length keyboard
- 88 semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keys
- Pitch bend wheel with assignable range
- Assignable modulation wheel
- Assignable volume control/data entry slider
- Octave/transpose button access the entire note range in any key
- Sustain and volume pedal inputs (pedals optional)
- Convenient USB power allows single-cable connection
- MIDI output and DC input for standalone operation (external power supply optional)
- Compatible with virtually any Mac or Windows based music software
- Includes Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition software for Mac and Windows computers