The Cisco SG500-28-K9-NA 500 Series Stackable Managed Switch allows you to quickly set up a reliable network solution that provides twenty-four 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet ports along with two combo Gigabit ports and two 1GE/5GE SFP ports for the transfer of data. It features a modular, stackable design for quickly expanding your infrastructure or setting up a resilient environment to eliminate downtime.
The switch supports numerous protocols for setting up a secured network to your preferences. It also features IPv6 support with backwards compatibility for IPv4 at the same time. The SG500-28-K9-NA additionally has Layer 3 Traffic Management for increased performance across devices.
For ease of use, the Cisco Discovery Protocol and Smartports allow for the automatic recognition, setup, and sharing of information for speedy integration. It also uses SNMP for management from a networked station for improved IT support. Additionally, this device has high power efficiency and an expandable infrastructure by using the additional ports and switches. It includes a rackmount mounting kit, a serial cable, and a CD-ROM with documentation.
- Simple-to-use graphical interfaces speed up the deployment, troubleshooting, and management of the network
- Switches also support Textview, a full command-line interface (CLI) option
- Cisco FindIT utility, which works through the user's web browser, discovers Cisco devices in the network and displays basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses
- If a switch within a Cisco 500 Series stack fails, another switch immediately takes over, keeping your network up and running, you can also replace individual devices in the stack without taking your network offline
- True stacking allows you to troubleshoot, configure, and manage multiple physical switches as a single entity
- Security features include SSL, ACLs, Guest VLANs, ARP, DHCP snooping, SCT, VLAN Edge, TACACS+, DoS prevention, and many others
- Networkwide automatic voice deployment for dynamic setup of phones and other devices on the network
- Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which monitors traffic and adjusts power consumption accordingly