The Toshiba 58L9300U is a 58" LED television with a native 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160 and built-in streaming services. With Toshiba CEVO and 4K Resolution Plus processing, lower resolution sources are optimized and scaled to near-4K quality. This TV also incorporates ClearScan 240Hz technology, which reduces distortion on fast-moving images and local dimming for enhanced contrast. This model comes with Toshiba's Cloud TV interface, which features a web browser and allows you to stream audio and video content over the TV's built-in 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connection.
This 4K television comes with two pairs of 3D glasses and can convert content back and forth between 2D and 3D. Active 3D technology is also onboard, which means 3D content can be displayed in full HD. This TV is equipped with one component video input and four HDMI inputs. The component video input functions as a hybrid port that can be used as a second composite video input.
This TV comes with a wireless keyboard and touchpad for simplified web-browsing. For audio, this model features Audyssey audio enhancements, which uses the TV's dual 20W speakers to create a soundfield based on the placement of the television. Even with Audyssey onboard, you have the option of utilizing the TV's optical output for connecting to a conventional speaker system.
- CEVO & 4K Resolution Plus Processing
- CEVO 4K uses 2nd generation quad and dual core processors to optimize both 4K and 2K content. Toshiba 4K Resolution Plus up-scales lower resolution sources to near 4K quality.
- Local Dimming
- Provides more dimming zones designed to improve black levels and contrast to produce a life-like image. Contrast lends to image depth and a dynamic appearance.
- CQ Engine v2
- CQ Engine video processor is designed to deliver cinema-quality images with edge enhancement, dynamic gamma, and expert mode. These options allow you to customize your image by reducing noise and improving color reproduction.
- Cloud TV Portal
- With Toshiba's multi-page Cloud TV Portal you can stream movies, access your music and photos, or find something new with the MediaGuide. You can also connect with your family and friends via social networking.
Network: Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) allows you to wirelessly mirror the display of your (WiDi) enabled smartphone or computer to your television. Two USB 2.0 ports are also provided for photo viewing and media playback. Skype subscribers can connect an optional web cam to one of the television's USB interfaces for Skype video conferencing.
Video: The Toshiba 58L9300U features one composite, one component video, and four HDMI inputs. The component video input also functions as a second composite video input. This Toshiba TV incorporates HDMI CEC control, which allows the TV to control other HD enabled devices with a single HDMI connection.
- Audyssey Audio Enhancements
- Audyssey audio enhancements include Audyssey wall and table modes, which allow you to optimize the sound based on the placement of the television. Audyssey ABX offers bass extension for low frequency impact and Audyssey Volume Extension which reduces noise and distortion. Audyssey Dynamic Volume with day and night modes is also available; this levels the sound reproduction and reduces unwanted volume fluctuations.