The IdeaPad Y580 15.6" Notebook Computer from Lenovo features a 15.6" Full HD VibrantView glossy display that is backlit with LED lamps, which are more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and the 1920 x 1080 native resolution is supported by an nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M graphics card with 2GB of dedicated memory.
The system is powered by a quad-core Ivy Bridge 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM processor. It also has 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in JBL-designed stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater v4 audio enhancement.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Quad-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- This Lenovo notebook houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3630QM processor. Its quad cores can reach a speed of up to 2.4GHz. The processor can also be overclocked to a speed of up to 3.4GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a 6MB L3 cache, Intel Hyper-Threading technology and 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, this Lenovo notebook allows you to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M Graphics
- This Lenovo notebook features a dedicated nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M graphics processing unit (GPU). Utilizing its 2GB of dedicated memory, the GPU can take full advantage of its Microsoft DirectX 11 support as well as nVIDIA PhysX and CUDA technologies. The GPU also has nVIDIA Optimus technology, which automatically transitions between the GPU and integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 for better performance and longer battery life
- 15.6" Full HD VibrantView LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" Full HD VibrantView widescreen glossy display features LED backlight technology, which brighten faster, use less power and provide better image quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The display also features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, allowing you to play back 1080p content natively. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Blu-ray Disc Burner
- The built-in optical drive supports Blu-ray Disc playback so you can watch your favorite movies in crystal clear 1080p HD video quality. The drive also doubles as a Blu-ray Disc, CD and DVD burner so you the option to backup your important files and data if needed
- Stay Connected
- You can connect to the Web using the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack for high-speed Internet access. For a more mobile approach, you can use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to a wireless network. The built-in Bluetooth 4.0 support allows you to connect all your favorite peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard. This Lenovo notebook can also remember previous Wi-Fi spots you've used so that when they're in range, it automatically connects you without the hassle of having to reenter WEP passwords. The integrated HD webcam allows you to video chat while the built-in microphone captures your voice with clear precision
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services as well as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it