The Project Channel Microphone Preamplifier and Optical Compressor from Aphex is a single-channel Class A microphone preamp channel strip. It features a built-in optical compressor with a single knob to control compression ratio. It also has Aphex's Big Bottom and Aural Exciter processors, designed to help shape bass frequencies and increase vocal detail.
The Project Channel has a single XLR input as well as a front-panel 1/4" instrument input for direct recording of bass or guitar. The front-panel input overrides the XLR input, allowing you to keep a mic plugged in when using it. The Project Channel also has a 1/4" TRS and an XLR output, as well as a S/PDIF digital output, allowing you to send a digital signal to an external audio interface for recording.
- Class A Preamp
- Aphex's Class A preamp design provides up to 65dB of gain and is inspired by American and British recording consoles
- Optical Compressor
- The built-in optical compressor uses Aphex's proprietary optical element for speed adjustability ranging from compression to leveling
- Big Bottom
- Aphex's patented Big Bottom is built into the Project Channel and provides deeper and more resonant bass with minimal increase to peak output
- Aural Exciter
- Aphex's Aural Exciter is designed to provide increased presence, clarity, and intelligibility to vocal tracks
- The Project Channel has a 10-segment LED gain reduction meter as well as a 10-segment LED output level meter