The BenQ MW721 WXGA Multi-Region 3D Ready DLP Projector is designed for teaching and presentations in a variety of settings including classrooms and conference rooms. It provides 3500 ANSI lumens of brightness with a low noise level of only 30 dBA in Eco-Mode. It features a sharp 13,000:1 contrast ratio, support for a variety of 3D formats and WXGA 1280 x 800 native resolution. The projector is powered by a DLP chip system and the lamp features a long life up to 6000 hours. The MW721 is equipped with SmartEco Technology as well, which combines optimum levels of brightness and picture quality for maximum energy savings and a lower overall cost of ownership.
The MW721 also benefits from an Ethernet RJ-45 jack, which supports LAN Control with Crestron, PJ-Link and AMX. It also supports LAN Display, which allows you to use a single LAN cable for controlling the projector and the display source. The projector features a variety of other connection options as well, including an HDMI input, composite video, several audio inputs, a monitor output and more. It also offers a No Source Detected Mode, which will automatically lower the projector lamp brightness to 30% after it has remained unconnected for three minutes. Other features include a built-in 10W speaker, a teaching template with four line patterns to choose from and a low 0.5W standby power consumption level. The MW721 supports ecoFACTS environmentally friendly packaging as well.
Environmentally Friendly & Cost-Saving Features
- SmartEco Technology
- SmartEco Technology is an innovative and environmentally friendly solution that enhances the energy saving capabilities of your projector's DLP system. It strikes an optimized balance between picture quality, brightness and energy efficiency. This allows students and teachers to get the most out of their classroom experience, while also helping the school by extending lamp life, minimizing maintenance and reducing the projector's total cost of ownership.
- Eco Blank Mode
- Eco Blank Mode allows teachers to blank the projection screen whenever they need to direct their students' focus back on them - or simply when the projector is not in use. When activated, this useful feature will dim the lamp power automatically, which can reduce the projector's overall power consumption by as much as 70%.
- Smart Eco Mode
- Designed to minimize power consumption and maximize energy efficiency, Smart Eco Mode cleverly adjusts the projector's lamp power by delivering optimum contrast and brightness levels that use only as much light as needed. When using SmartEco Mode, the projector may use as much as 45% less power than it uses in Normal Mode.
- No Source Detected Mode
- In the classroom, there will be times when the projector is turned on without a DVD player, computer or other display source connected. In order to reduce the amount of power wasted in these instances, BenQ created the No Source Detected Mode. It works by lowering the lamp brightness down to 30% after the projector has remained unconnected to a display source for more than three minutes.
- 0.5W in Standby Mode
- When inactive, the MW721 keeps power consumption to a minimum with 0.5W standby power. This technological advancement in energy saving helps extend the projector lamp life, while also lowering energy costs.
- ecoFACTS Label
- ecoFACTS declares that the MW721 supports the effort to replace hazardous substances by improving material selection, packaging design, energy-saving design and other aspects of the product. The MW721 includes arsenic-free optical glass, BFR/PVC-free casing plastics and PVC-free plastic packaging.
- Supports Various 3D Formats
- BenQ education projectors are standard-equipped with DLP Link-supported 3D projection to offer students the same 3D effects seen in 3D movies. The 3D formats supported by the MW721 are 3D field-sequential, 3D frame packing, 3D top-and-bottom and 3D side-by-side. This projector can also be connected to a Blu-ray DVD player for even more stunning visual quality.
- LAN Display
- LAN Display offers a cost-effective solution for projector implementation management using a single LAN cable to control and display. This feature also offers simultaneous 4-1 or partial projection display option for better content management for discussions, presentations, training and classroom teaching.
- LAN Control with Crestron RoomView, PJ-Link & AMX
- LAN Control is designed to help IT managers perform day-to-day projector maintenance and repair tasks efficiently and effectively - offering them full access and control over every projector directly from their workstations. The MW721 offers support for Crestron RoomView and PJ-Link systems as well.
- Teaching Template
- BenQ has added a teaching template function to the MW721. It features four distinct line pattern designs to choose from including Letter Formation, Musical Staff, Worksheet and Coordinate Chart. Each one allows you to easily write or draw on whiteboards - and blackboards - without the need of drawing lines or charts.
- Closed Captioning
- Display subtitles in video content without the need for an external closed-captioning device with the MW721. Closed captioning also works well for viewing in educational settings such as language classes where a transcript of onscreen dialog is desirable.
- Built-in 10W Speaker Power
- The MW721 provides enhanced audio support for your classroom thanks to its built-in 10W speaker.
- Choose from 28 OSD Languages
- The projector supports 28 on-screen display languages. These include: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Dutch, Turkish, Czech, Portuguese, Thai, Polish, Hungarian, Croatian, Romanian, Norwegian, Danish, Bulgarian, Finnish, Indonesian, Greek, Hindi and Arabic.
- Multiple Picture Modes
- The MW721 is equipped with six picture modes including Dynamic, Presentation, sRGB, Cinema, User 1 (custom) and User 2 (custom).