Whether used for the home, office, or elsewhere, the EverFocus ECMD100i Covert PIR Day/Night Camera with Invisible IR LEDs is a hidden camera designed to look and act like a standard IR motion detector. The 3.7mm pinhole lens remains unseen behind the plastic exterior, which disguises the camera function of the unit. The 1/3" Sony Super HAD II color CCD camera captures video in light levels as low as 0.1 LUX. The 24 hidden 940nm IR LEDs do not emit a pink glow as 850nm IR LEDS do. The benefit is that the camera can covertly record in complete darkness. The ECMD100i features a built-in alarm output that can be used to trigger available DVRs to record video when the unit detects motion.
The camera features 600 TV lines of resolution in color and 700 in Black and White. The camera processes the video with both Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) to output sharp and clear video. Video is output via a BNC connector and can be viewed on an optional NTSC monitor or recorded with NTSC compatible DVRs.
- Hidden Camera
- A pinhole camera with a 3.7mm lens is hidden from view
- The Sony 1/3" CCD can capture color video in near darkness
- The IR LEDs allow the camera to capture video in complete darkness
- 24 IR LEDs provide IR illumination of objects up to 32 feet away, depending on the IR reflectivity of objects in shot
- The IR LEDS operate at wavelength of 940nm, which is invisible to the human eye
- Covert Operation
- The unit is hidden in a passive IR (PIR) case
- The ECMD100i has a TTL alarm output which can be used to trigger an audible alarm or available recording device to record the camera output when the unit senses motion
- The covert nature of the unit allows sensitive areas to be monitored and recorded without alerting intruders that they are being recorded
- Because the unit looks like a PIR device, it can be used to covertly monitor employee activity
- The Sony Super HADII 1/3" CCD sensor records 600 TV lines of resolution in color, and 700 TV lines in B + W
- Digital Wide Dynamic Range and Digital Noise Reduction provide a clear sharp image
- The camera outputs NTSC video for recording by a DVR, or other device