This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The ND-5 Mini Subzero Laser Designator from Laser Genetics is a long-range laser illuminator designed for weather-resistant performance. Subzero technology from Laser Genetics was developed to provide a reliable illumination tool for night hunters and first responders working in subzero conditions. By utilizing innovative circuitry, Subzero illuminators can operate in freezing temperatures without diminished light intensity. With the ND-5 Mini, operators can rely on a consistent light output and up to four hours of continuous illumination at 0°F.
An 18 milliwatt 532 nanometer green laser output makes the ND-5 visible up to three miles away and remains easy on the eyes in any lighting condition. The human eye is most sensitive to green wavelengths of light, making green spectrum colors easiest to visually acquire in daylight as well as quickest for the human vision system to adapt to in darkness. This laser illuminator's 532nm coherent light output is ideal for low-light applications because of reduced eye strain experienced by the observer and enhanced subject definition and contrast.
Another standout feature of the ND-5 designator is Laser Genetics' patented linear optical beam collimator, which allows the operator to adjust the multicoated collimating lens system using a thumb control switch just below the lens assembly. The beam diameter can be narrowed to 26mm for target sighting or defocused for subject illumination. The combination of green laser output, Subzero build quality, and user-friendly beam collimator make the ND-5 Mini a full-featured device for search-and-rescue personnel and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
- Subzero Technology
- Specifically engineered to operate in freezing temperatures, Subzero technology uses proprietary circuitry to deliver consistent output intensity while preserving battery life. At 0°F, the ND-5 Mini can provide up to three hours of continuous illumination.
- Green Laser Emitter
- Laser emits a 532nm green wavelength that is tuned to the peak sensitivity of the human eye, making the light easy to see in daylight as well as requiring minimal vision adaptation when used at night.
- Linear Optical Beam Collimator
- The 9-element light collimating lens system is controlled using a sliding switch below the base of the lens assembly. The collimator can adjust the beam to any width from 26-320mm. A 26mm beam diameter is well-suited for target sighting; broader-width output provides adequate subject illumination.
- Durable Construction
- Housing is machined from a lightweight aluminum alloy and anodized for increased corrosion-resistance. A nitrogen-filled lens assembly delivers fogproof performance even in freezing temperatures.