The ND-3-XL Subzero Laser Designator from Laser Genetics is a long-range laser illuminator designed for weather-resistant operation. Subzero technology from Laser Genetics was developed to equip first responders and demanding night hunters with an illumination tool capable of operating in freezing conditions without loss of light intensity or power failure. By creating a unique circuitry optimized for subzero temperatures, operators can now rely on a rock-steady light output as well as up to four hours of continuous operation at 0°F.
This configuration of the Subzero designator comes with four mounting options; a 1" scope mount with adjustable windage and elevation, a sporting optics mount for a binocular or spotting scope, and (3/8" and 5/8") Weaver rail mounts. In addition to the various mounts, the ND-3-XL includes a remote pressure activation switch that threads onto the battery compartment and provides fingertip laser activation from the firing position. To ensure consistent shot placement, Laser Genetics engineered the ND-3-XL scope mount to maintain zero even after being subjected to recoil forces.
An 18 milliwatt 532 nanometer green laser output helps the ND-3-XL shine up to three miles away and remain easy on the eyes in any lighting condition. The human eye is most sensitive to green wavelengths of light, making that frequency spectrum easiest to visually acquire in daylight as well as quickest for the human vision system to adapt to in darkness. This laser illuminator's 532nm coherent light is ideal for low-light applications because of reduced eye strain experienced by the observer and enhanced subject definition and contrast.
Another standout feature of ND-3 series laser designators is their patented rotary optical beam collimator, which allows the operator to control the collimating lens system by rotating a dial at the base of the lens assembly. The beam diameter can be narrowed to 26mm for laser sighting or defocused to 320mm for subject illumination. The combination of output frequency, build quality, and functionality make the ND-3-XL a full-featured device for tactical professionals and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
- Subzero Technology
- Specifically engineered to operate in temperatures below 40°, Subzero technology uses proprietary circuitry to deliver consistent output intensity while preserving battery life. The ND-3-XL can deliver up to four hours of continuous operation at 0°F (ten hours at room temperature).
- Green Laser Emitter
- Laser emits a 532nm green wavelength that is tuned to the peak sensitivity of the human eye and requires minimal low-light vision adaptation.
- Rotary Optical Beam Collimator
- The 9-element light collimating lens system is controlled using a rotating collar at the base of the lens assembly. The collimator can adjust the beam to any width from 26-320mm. A 26mm beam diameter is well-suited for target sighting; broader output provides adequate target illumination.
- Durable Construction
- Housing is machined from a lightweight aluminum alloy and anodized for increased corrosion-resistance. Nitrogen-filled lens assembly delivers fogproof performance even in freezing temperatures.
- Included Mounting Options
- 1" riflescope tube mount with adjustable windage and elevation
- 1/4" sporting optic mount for binocular or spotting scope
- 3/8" and 5/8" Weaver rail mounts