Apogee's ONE USB Audio Interface for iPad & Mac is a USB music interface featuring their award winning sound quality and designed to work easily with Apple's GarageBand, Logic, Final Cut, or any Core Audio compliant application. The implementation of the product is as elegant as it is simple to set up and operate.
There are several input options provided, and the device allows for up to two simultaneous inputs. The first option is to use the built-in condenser microphone, housed in a specially tuned enclosure and which delivers surprisingly good results. A second option is to use the built-in preamp with a microphone of choice, the former providing a very respectable 62dB of gain and full 48V phantom powering.
There is also a breakout cable that features a 1/4" instrument input and XLR input for an external microphone. These exhibit extremely low noise and a transparent signal path, making it the ideal solution for recording or performing live with a Mac or iOS device. Output is supplied by the 1/8" jack on the front allowing connection to either headphones or powered speakers.
A single encoder knob provides direct access to the tuned enclosure microphone, external microphone or instrument selection, and output functions for input level and volume adjustment. The unit's size makes it very travel friendly, and when fitted with the optional microphone stand mount, it becomes the ultimate portable recording solution for quickly capturing musical ideas, recording high quality demos, rehearsals, podcasts, lectures, interviews, voice-overs and more.
This version of the ONE is compatible with Mac OS and select iOS devices with a 30-pin connector. It is compatible with select Apple Lightning devices with the use of an adapter (sold separately).
- Two analog inputs; stereo output USB interface for Mac OS X with 24-bit/96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- High quality internal condenser microphone allows for true portable operation for the singer/songwriter or guitarist
- Can be used with an external microphone via a preamp input with up to 62dB of gain
- Accepts unbalanced 1/4" high impedance instrument and provides 0dB to 45dB of gain
- Software selectable 48V phantom power
- Line-level 1/8" stereo output for headphones or unbalanced powered monitors
- Large multi-function encoder knob for input gain control and output level control
- 4-encoder function LED indicators
- 3 segment LED input and output metering
- Apogee's Maestro software for advanced control and low latency mixing
- Compatible with any Core Audio compliant audio application
- Ideal interface for improving a Mac computer's output and providing studio quality stereo output of a user's iTunes library