The Meade Instruments 16" f/8 ACF Optical Tube Assembly (OTA) features a 16” aperture, f/8 optical system with Meade’s Advanced Coma Free (ACF) optics and high-contrast baffling that ensures crisp, pinpoint imaging to the very edge of the field. The OTA features an internal zero image shift 3” Crayford-style 10:1 focusing system with a 2-speed, 7:1 reduction control that rigidly holds the OTA’s primary mirror, eliminating the need for a mirror lock, and provides smooth, precise focusing. The OTA has a focal length of 3,251mm.
The OTA includes a Meade Series 5000 HD60 25mm eyepiece and a 2” Series 5000 enhanced 99% reflectivity diagonal. It also comes with an 8 x 50mm refractor viewfinder with quick-release mounting bracket. An optional 2” diameter, 3-element f/5 focal reducer/field flattener (sold separately) lets you gain even wider, flatter fields with faster exposures, even on larger sensors.
The OTA comes with a precision-machined Losmandy-style dovetail rail mated to the tube with wide-stance radius blocks for steady mounting and front and rear dust covers.
- OTA with 16" clear aperture, f/8 optical system, and Meade's ACF optics
- High-contrast baffling ensures crisp, pinpoint imaging to the very edge of the field
- Internal zero image shift Crayford-style focusing system with a 2-speed, 7:1 reduction control
- 3,251mm focal length
- Low-expansion borosilicate glass primary mirror
- Secondary Mirror: Low-expansion borosilicate glass that is individually figured with the primary mirror for minimum correction
- Correcting Plate/Lens: Aspheric high-spectral transmission Borofloat glass from Schott AG Germany
- Meade Series 5000 HD60 25mm eyepiece
- Series 5000 2" diagonal with enhanced 99% reflectivity
- 1.25" adapter that holds the eyepiece upright for easy viewing, and provides for comfortable right-angle viewing
- Viewfinder: 8 x 50mm refractor
- Precision-machined Losmandy-style dovetail rail mated to the tube with wide-stance radius blocks