The Joemeek meQ 500 Meequalizer is a versatile 4-band equalizer or tone control system. For optimum sound quality and noise performance, Burr Brown audiophile amplifiers are used throughout the signal path, and inputs and outputs are electronically balanced.
Simple to use yet powerful, the meQ 500 Meequalizer will give the gloss of a professional studio production to all your recordings. It is also suitable for live performances. The 4 EQ bands cover the whole of the audio spectrum and each can be tuned or swept in frequency over a 4-octave range, and each can be moved to target any given part of the audio spectrum. Generous overlaps in coverage between bands mean that it will always be possible to tune in to all frequencies of interest.
The option to use bell-shaped EQ curves at LF and HF instead of a conventional shelf gives the ability to avoid boosting subsonics and ultrasonics, which can have adverse effects on other equipments, such as recorders, amplifiers, and loudspeakers.
- HF Frequency knob allows you to set the frequency at which the HF (High Frequency) control operates anywhere from 1.2 to 20 kHz
- PK indicates Peak LED, which lights when the signal in the Meequalizer is within 6 dB of clipping
- BELL Switch changes the shape of the HF response curve from shelf to bell
- HF cuts or boosts the volume of high frequencies (or treble), up to 15 dB at the selected frequency
- HM Frequency knob allows you to set the frequency at which the HM (High Mid Frequency) control operates, anywhere from 0.6 to 10 kHz, with a bell-shaped EQ curve
- HM knob cuts or boosts the volume of high mid frequencies, up to 15 dB at the selected frequency
- Hl-Q switch changes the shape of the bell curve from wide to narrow
- LM (Low Mid) section operates the same as the HM section, over the range of 120 Hz to 2 kHz
- LF Frequency knob sets the frequency at which the LF (Low Frequency) control operates anywhere from 40 to 650 Hz
- LF cuts or boosts the volume of low frequencies (or bass), up to 15 dB at the selected frequency
- BELL switch changes the shape of the HF EQ response curve from shelf to bell
- ON switch enables all EQ sections
- RoHS complaint