The Fostex AR101 Audio Retriever is designed to improve the audio quality of an iPhone 4/4S, 4th generation iPod touch or 2nd/3rd generation iPad when recording audio with video. This interface is ideal for ENG purposes and any other applications where higher quality audio recordings are required. A USB to 30-pin cable is included to make the connection. It will also work with an iPhone 5 or iPod touch 5th generation, but requires a separately sold Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Or, use it as an audio interface for a PC by connecting a separately sold mini USB to USB type A cable.
The interface features two microphone/line inputs for the included condenser microphones or other user-supplied microphones. A rotary encoder and LED level meter allow easy adjustment of the input level of each channel, pan, headphone out and more. A headphone monitor output allows you to monitor the input and playback signal.
The interface doesn't require a battery, since it's powered by your connected device via USB. When feeding power via micro USB, the unit also feeds power to the connected iOS device. The chassis features a cold shoe rail for mounting various camera rigs. A device holder is included which can be used in portrait or landscape mode, and features screw holes on the horizontal and vertical sides for the included hand grip or separately-sold tripod or other standard support.
- Improves the audio quality of iOS devices using the supplied USB to 30-pin dock cable
- Input 1 and 2 are stereo line/mic (maximum of four channels can be fed)
- Two plug-in power condenser microphones are included
- Rotary encoder and LED level meter for setting the input level of each channel, pan, headphone out and more
- Downloadable app allows you to control pan, low cut, limiter and output level
- Headphone monitor out to monitor the input and playback signal
- Analog out (line-mic selectable) to output input or playback signal, or mixed
- No battery required - powered from the connected iOS device via USB
- When feeding power via micro USB, it also feeds power to your connected iOS device
- Chassis features a cold shoe rail for mounting various camera rigs
- Includes a device holder, pair of earphones and aluminum hand grip