The Aspire S3-391-6423 13.3" Ultrabook Computer from Acer features an aluminum unibody that measures just 0.69" thin and weighs just 2.95 pounds. The 13.3" CineCrystal widescreen display is LED-backlit, has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The screen also has a glossy finish for vibrant color.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i3-3227U processor. It also has 4GB of onboard DDR3 RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, a 2-in-1 digital media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that provide information, such as weather forecasts, sports scores and social network notifications, right in the icons. The tiles also update in real-time so you'll always the get the latest information without having to open the app.
Windows 8 also focuses on cloud storage. You can save your personal preferences to your Microsoft account, which you'll be able to use to sign into another Windows 8 device with all your settings uploaded from the cloud. Also, Windows 8 provides you with the Windows Store for access to thousands of apps. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3 Performance
- The Aspire S3 houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3-3227U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.9GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of onboard DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications with ease
- 13.3" CineCrystal LED-Backlit Display
- The 13.3" CineCrystal display features LED backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio and has a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The screen also has a glossy finish, which displays images in vibrant color. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Dolby Home Theater v4
- Dolby Home Theater v4 aims to fix all the problems typically associated with PC audio, such as tinny sound, weak volume, buzzing and rattling. Experience full-impact surround sound anywhere with Dolby Home Theater v4 on your Aspire S3
- Stay Connected
- The Aspire S3 connects to the Internet wirelessly with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. It also has Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you'll be able to use Bluetooth-enabled peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard. There are also two USB 3.0 ports if you need a wired connection to a USB-compliant device
- USB 3.0
- This Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook features USB 3.0, which has a transfer rate of 5Gb/s and is up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you'll still be able to use your USB 2.0 devices
- Acer Green Instant On
- With a 128GB solid state drive and Acer Green Instant On, this Acer Aspire S3 resumes your computing session from deep sleep in just 6 seconds
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces the Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with the Start screen featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it