The VLS-1P-B Single LONGSPAN Converter (POE In, Extended POE Out) from Veracity delivers unprecedented power and bandwidth over long lengths of regular Cat 5e or Cat 6 network cable, enabling a dependable connection to IP cameras and other remote network devices. This converter with POE delivers full-power 802.3af POE Plus at 1,968.50’(600m), assuring reliability in the most challenging scenarios.
The LONGSPAN Converter has been designed to run IP cameras over 2,624.67’ (800m) of network cable, supporting the full 200 Mb/s required for the 100Base-T Ethernet. The full-speed Ethernet provided by LONGSPAN ensures good image quality at critical moments, even at the longest ranges. Moreover, for extreme distances, this converter can automatically drop to 10Base-T operation, supporting a range of over 3,280.83’ (1,000m).
This unit allows all the power from the link to be sourced from a single POE switch or a power supply, for simple installation and reliable UPS-backed power delivery. LONGSPAN’s power transmission technology can deliver the full 25.5W required for POE Plus equipment, at up to 1,968.50’(600m) and standard 15W POE up to 2,690.28’ (820m).
This converter also supports 1- and 2-pair cables with extended range, so analogue cameras in UTP installations can be upgraded to IP without the need to replace the installed cabling infrastructure. Additionally, the LONGSPAN’s technology automatically adapts to the number of pairs available, and delivers the same unrestricted 10 or 100 Mb/s full-duplex network connections, assuring predictable IP video quality each and every time.
The LONGSPAN Converter self-configures for optimum performance every time it is connected. It eliminates user setup, DIP switch settings, and system pairings. Up to 24 channels can be installed in just 1U of rack space.
- Long-range, point-to-point Ethernet over regular Cat 5 or Cat 6 cable
- Unrestricted 100Base-T with POE at over 2,624.67' (800.00m)
- Delivers full POE Plus power at 1,968.50' (600.00m)
- Rugged design for high performance over high temperature range
- Smart power and diagnostic display for reliable installation
- Fully automatic, simple to install, and maintenance-free
- Applications: Outdoor or perimeter IP cameras, buried cable links, wireless access points, extension of all Ethernet networks, upgrade of analog cameras fitted with twisted pair video baluns and all applications that use UTP