The ioSafe N2 Fire & Waterproof NAS / RAID Storage Solution (Diskless) is a fireproof and waterproof, network connected, multi-drive NAS / RAID storage device for terabytes of your business data. Designed to be the center of your private cloud, the ioSafe N2 is powered by a Synology DSM motherboard and operating system. It allows for fast access on your local network and remote access from nearly any device connected to the internet—all secured and protected by you.
ioSafe protects from natural disaster by wrapping its patented protection technology around vulnerable private cloud data onsite. You get fast local access, redundant hard drives, security, nearly unlimited storage and cloud convenience, access to data with virtually any device, and onsite protection against natural disasters.
You can use this solution alone or in conjunction with your existing backup and DR practices if you have any already in place. This technology is a tool for you to use to reduce your vulnerability to almost every situation. The advantages of the ioSafe N2 are speed, flexibility, and disaster recovery.
The ioSafe N2 connects to your home or business network, preferably at the main router or switch. A network drive (or share) can be created that allows everyone on the local area network (LAN) with proper permissions to see the common drive (sold separately) and share the data. The data can also be made available to the wide area network (WAN, i.e., the Internet) by allowing applications and data to be forwarded to the NAS at your router.
- Fire Protection
- The N2 protects data from loss even under temperatures of up to 1,550°F (843°C) for 1/2 hour per ASTM E119. DataCast endothermic fire insulation technology protects your data from extreme heat. The DataCast formulation forms a chemical bond with water molecules that, at temperatures above 160°F (71°C), releases water vapor to limit the internal temperature of the unit during a fire.
- Water Protection
- The N2 protects data from loss when submerged up to 10’ (3.04 m) for 72 hours. HydroSafe water barrier technology is designed to protect data loss from fresh or salt water damage, including full immersion. While keeping your data dry, the HydroSafe technology still allows heat to dissipate during normal operation.
- Theft Protection
- You can make this device a part of your wireless network and hide it anywhere inside your house or workplace. Hide it as you might a small safe. Additionally, a Kensington lock slot is standard. An optional Floor Mount / Padlock Kit (sold separately) enables the N2 to bolt down to any surface or be secured with a cable & padlock. Securing the drive also prevents the drive from moving during a disaster.
- Private Cloud
- You can access your data from anywhere from any device. All your data is in one spot and can be accessed fast when you're local and is also accessible when you're remote with just about any smartphone, tablet, or computer. Enjoy a virtually unlimited amount of data storage and accessibility with almost no vulnerability.
- RAID (Redundant Hard Drives)
- This feature allows the N2 to automatically mirror and protect against hard drive failure. With RAID 1, your hard drives are automatically redundant to guard against a single hard drive failure. The N2 can utilize 2 hard drives up to 4TB each (sold separately). The drives are hot-swappable in case of failure and will rebuild the volume back to a redundant state upon replacement.
- Active Airflow Cooling
- For optimum operating temperature, FloSafe active airflow cooling technology provides cooling airflow through the enclosure and across the disk drives during normal operating conditions. If destructive heat levels are sensed, such as in a fire, the FloSafe vent is designed to limit and protect your data from the extreme heat.
- File Station: File Station makes sharing and managing files easy and safe. You can create folders, copy, and delete files in between your PC and N2; when you accidentally delete a file, it can be easily restored in the recycle bin. For businesses, File Station can boost productivity with support for Google Docs, Windows ACL, speed limit for individual users, and many more features.
- Backup Solutions: Network backup, local backup, desktop backup (Window: Synology Data Replicator; Mac: Apple Time Machine backup application), Shared Folder Sync—Maximum Tasks: 2, Configuration backup, USB copy/SD copy.
- Mail Server: It supports mail server protocols such as POP3, SMTP, IMAP.
- FTP Server: Bandwidth control, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, transfer log.
- Web Station: Virtual Host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MySQL, 3rd-Party applications support.
- Printer Server: Supports maximum 2 printers, and supports printing protocols such as LPR, CIFS, IPP, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Multi Functional Print Server (MFP functions are for Windows PC only).
- iOS/Android Applications: DS photo+, DS audio, DS cam, DS file, DS finder.
- Windows Phone Applications: DS finder.
- Add-On Packages
- Surveillance Station: It is a web-based application that can manage IP cameras to safeguard your home or business. (Default number of IP cameras: 1, Maximum number of IP cameras (licenses required): 8 (1 free license to install 1 IP camera; additional licenses can be purchased to expand the license quota).
- Directory Server: Directory Server provides LDAP service with centralized access control, authentication for business users. (Backup and restore LDAP database).
- VPN Server: VPN Server turns your N2 into a Virtual Private Network server. (Maximum Connections: 5, VPN Method: PPTP, OpenVPN).
- DHCP Server: Independent DHCP server on different network interfaces, multiple subnets support, address reservation.
- Syslog Server: Features SSL connection and log rotation of 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years; email notification.
- Mail Station: Mail Station provides a webmail service for you to access emails stored on your ioSafe N2. It receives mails from multiple POP3 mailboxes, and is a Customizable SMTP Server.
- Antivirus Essential Server: It’s a free application to protect your N2 from potential virus threats. It allows for full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, and virus definition auto update.
- Time Backup: Time Backup is an innovative backup solution that backs up ioSafe N2 data in multiple versions. (Maximum Tasks: 2, multiple file versions retained, instant file restoration).
- Cloud Station: It’s a file sharing service that specializes in file syncing between the N2, PCs, and Macs. It works like Dropbox, but with none of the monthly fees or limitations. (Maximum User Accounts: 16, Retain Historical and Deleted File Versions).
- DLNA/UPnP Media Server: Support PS3/Xbox 360 .
- Download Station: It’s a web-based download application, allowing you to post and allow co-workers to download large files from the N2. (Supported Download Protocols: BT/HTTP/FTP/NZB/eMule; Maximum Concurrent Download Tasks: 30).
- iTunes Server: It allows you to share the music and videos on your ioSafe N2 with iPhones, Macs, PCs, iPad, or any other iTunes client.
- Video Station: It lets you browse and organize all video contents stored in your ioSafe N2.
- Photo Station: It is an online photo album integrated with a blog for you to easily share photos with friends and family.
- Other Packages: Audio Station, 3rd-party packages.
Note:The add-on packages must be installed separately to customize your N2 system when required.