The Aspire X Series AXC600-UR12 Desktop Computer from Acer features an all black surface with a compact design complete with silver accents for a unique, elegant look. This Acer desktop computer provides reliable performance and plenty of ports for high productivity and a plethora of multimedia options.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz Intel Core i3-3220 processor. It also has 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 7200rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 4-in-1 digital media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, a HDMI port, a VGA port and a total of 8 USB 2.0 ports. A USB keyboard and optical mouse are included.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3 Performance
- This Acer desktop computer houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3-3320 processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 3.3GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- With integrated Intel HD Graphics 2500, you'll be able to view HD content from this Acer desktop computer. You can output video via the HDMI port for optimal image quality. The SuperMulti DVD burner allows you to watch DVDs or make your own
- Stay Connected
- For a fast wired Internet connection, you can use the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack. If you want to place your Acer desktop computer some place where it would be difficult to get an Ethernet cable to, you can use 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet wirelessly. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also supported so you can connect to all your favorite peripherals, such as a wireless keyboard or mouse
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it