The Muzzle Brake and SOCOM Suppressor Adapter from SureFire is a multi-purpose firearm accessory for an AR-platform rifle with 5/8-24 muzzle threads. SureFire's patented Impulse Diffusion design employs offset ports that minimize side flash and recoil-induced concussion effects. Additionally, this muzzle brake helps improve shooter accuracy by reducing recoil and controlling muzzle rise. A SOCOM series 7.62mm / .308 caliber sound suppressor will seat directly over the muzzle brake.
This multi-function flash reducer is machined from heat-treated stainless steel and finished with a DLC protective coating for weather resistance and easy cleaning. Pilot holes at three and nine o'clock enable fine-tuning of recoil characteristics. Additional pilot holes at the six o'clock position makes it possible to pin-and-weld this unit on short-barreled rifles. A rear labyrinth seal minimizes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system and facilitates suppressor removal after extended firing.
Note! Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Specially configured for an AR-platform rifle with 5/8-24 muzzle threads
- Accepts SureFire SOCOM Series 7.62mm / .308 caliber sound suppressors
- Offset gas ports at three and nine o'clock provide enhanced recoil reduction and minimized muzzle rise
- Patented impulse diffusion design minimizes side flash and recoil-induced concussion
- Precise single-point cut threads provide optimal alignment
- Twist-on design requires no permanent modification of rifle
- Blind pilot hole at three and nine o'clock enables fine-tuning of recoil characteristics; six o'clock holes enable indexing at bottom-center and pin-and-welding
- Rear labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on suppressor lock ring indexing system