The IdeaPad S400 14" Notebook Computer from Lenovo features a 14" VibrantView glossy display that is backlit with LED lamps, which are more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and the 1366 x 768 native resolution is supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i3-3227U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive, a 2-in-1 digital media card reader, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio v2 audio enhancement.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3 Performance
- This Lenovo notebook houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3-3227U processor. Its dual cores can reach a speed of up to 1.9GHz. With a 3MB L3 cache, Intel Hyper-Threading technology and 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, this Lenovo notebook allows you to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 14" HD VibrantView LED-Backlit Display
- The 14" HD VibrantView widescreen glossy display features LED backlight technology, which brighten faster, use less power and provide better image quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The display also features a 1366 x 768 resolution, allowing you to play back 1080p content natively. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Stay Connected
- You can connect to the Web using the 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet RJ-45 jack for high-speed Internet access. For a more mobile approach, you can use 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to a wireless network. This Lenovo notebook can also remember previous Wi-Fi spots you've used so that when they're in range, it automatically connects you without the hassle of having to reenter WEP passwords. The integrated HD webcam allows you to video chat while the built-in microphone captures your voice with clear precision
- Dolby Advanced Audio v2
- The Lenovo IdeaPad S400 has integrated 2-watt stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio v2 for high definition sound quality
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it .