The IdeaPad U410 14" Ultrabook Computer from Lenovo delivers optimal performance and high mobility. The gray finish conceals the storage technologies for ultra-fast boot times as well as the battery for longer battery life.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 2.0GHz Intel Core i7-3537U processor. It has 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive with a 24GB solid state drive cache, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater v4 technology.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network notifications and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- This Lenovo Ultrabook has an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3537U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.0GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.1GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to have a smooth and seamless multitasking experience
- A Display of Excellence
- The 14" HD widescreen LED-backlit display of this Lenovo Ultrabook supports HD content. With a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by an nVIDIA GeForce 610M graphics card with 1GB of discrete memory, the subtle yet significant refinements elevate your viewing experience. The nVIDIA GeForce 610M graphics card also utilizes nVIDIA Optimus technology, which automatically switches to integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 to save battery life when graphics are not a priority. You can also connect this Lenovo Ultrabook to an external display via the HDMI port
- Intel Wireless Display
- The 14" LED-backlit widescreen display works great while on the road, but this Lenovo Ultrabook also lets you stream content to your HDTV wirelessly. With built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) technology and an optional TV adapter (sold separately), you'll be able to access all your music, photos and videos from your Lenovo Ultrabook. Experience all your content in full 1080p HD on your big-screen HDTV
- Stay Connected
- Stay connected to the Internet with 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet and 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi support. With Bluetooth 4.0, you can also connect wireless peripherals, such as a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard. A built-in 1-megapixel webcam with an integrated microphone puts you face-to-face with friends or colleagues. Capture high quality HD videos or photos and send them to friends or post them on social media networks
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with the Start screen featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it