The Zenbook UX32VD-DS72 13.3" Ultrabook Computer from ASUS takes portability to the next level. With a super slim profile of about two-thirds of an inch and a weight of just over 3 pounds, this ASUS Zenbook was built for ultimate mobility. While thin and lightweight, this ASUS Zenbook is far from fragile. It has a spun aluminum lid with precision-etched concentric circles to match its silver hairline chassis for a solid build and stylish design.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i7-3517U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, dual 128GB solid state drives, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. This ASUS Zenbook also has built-in stereo speakers powered by Bang and Olufsen ICEpower.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Essence of Zen
- Super Slim Profile. Stunning Design.
- This ASUS Zenbook has a thickness of only 0.72" and a weight of 3.2 pounds. Built with finely crafted aluminum in unitary construction, this stylish ASUS Zenbook has a unique spun design on the lid with precision-etched concentric circles and a silver hairline finish on the body
- Powerful Performance
- While portability would usually mean giving up performance, this ASUS Zenbook defies that common perception by still delivering serious processing power. This ASUS Zenbook houses an Ivy bridge Intel Core i7-3517U processor. Its dual cores can reach a speed of 1.9GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.0GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology
- Listen to the Revolution
- Exclusive to ASUS is SonicMaster technology, which was approved and co-developed by world-famous Bang & Olufsen ICEpower. SonicMaster brings living audio to Zenbooks with the most precise processing protocols, a large variety of codecs, superior speaker construction and large resonance chambers for impactful enjoyment. Experience the fidelity that revitalizes vocals and amazing sound quality through advanced sound enhancement. Say goodbye to tinny audio and noise distortion and welcome the new era of true hi-fi to your Zenbook
- Instant On
- Waiting 30 to 45 seconds for your computer to boot up is not time well spent. However, this ASUS Zenbook has a special Instant On feature that enables you to resume your computing experience in just 2 seconds. All windows and programs will be left just the way you left them so you can quickly type a note into a Word document or access your email. With the ability to be on standby for a week, this ASUS Ultrabook ensures that you always have instant access to your desktop within seconds
- Witness the Visual Glory
- This ASUS Zenbook has a 13.3" LED-backlit display with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. Its Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution is powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. It also has HDMI and mini-VGA ports so you can connect to an external display
- Stay Mobile
- If you're constantly on the go, the ASUS Zenbook meets your nomadic needs. This ASUS Zenbook features 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi so you can stay connected. With three USB 3.0 ports, you'll be able transfer data ten times faster than USB 2.0. Bluetooth 4.0 technology also lets you sync your favorite peripherals, such as a wireless mouse for added convenience
- ASUS Warranty
- The warranty from ASUS features a full year of accidental damage from handling coverage with 24/7 technical support and a 30-day zero bright dot pixel guarantee
- The New Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The new Start screen replaces the traditional Start menu with live tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to your services as well, such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it