The Bower SFD970 External Flash and LED Light for Canon combines both an external flash and constant LED light source into a single unit to provide an efficient lighting solution for working with both still imagery and video recording. The flash is compatible with Canon's TTL system for accurate flash metering and exposure control. The flash head can be set at 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, and 85mm positions and has a guide number of 148', at ISO 100, at the 85mm setting. For directional control over the flash output, the head and be bounced between 0° and 90°, and swiveled across a 270° range. A built-in reflector panel and diffuser are also available for further modification of the flash output.
When working with video applications or when constant light is required, a 75 lux LED light is also integrated into the flash's design to provide soft, even illumination on subjects.
A rear LCD monitor is integrated into the design to provide visual confirmation of flash settings and an intuitive means for navigating controls. In order to gain the greatest battery life, the LCD also features an auto power-saving function for longer continuous use. The SFD970 requires four AA batteries as its power source and can provide flash recycle times between 0.5-8 sec. depending on the flash power.
- A dual flash and LED light design enables efficient use for working with both still imagery and video recording.
- Flash features a guide number of 148' (ISO 100) at the 85mm setting; 24, 28, 35, 50, and 70mm flash head settings are also available.
- Bounce head enables 0-90° tilting and 270° swiveling for directional control over flash output. A built-in reflector panel and diffuser are also available for further refining the look of the flash light.
- Built-in LED light provides constant 75 lux illumination for video work.
- Rear LCD monitor provides a visual display of flash settings and also features an auto power-saving function to extend battery life.