The ASK-4 #101-DV Audio Monitoring Kit from Louroe Electronics is a single-zone audio monitoring system designed to interface with a DVR, VCR, or other recording devices that accept line level input. This kit consists of a Verifact D-V Microphone, an APR-1 Desktop Base Station, an AD-1 Plug-in Switching AC Adapter, and a Dual RCA Cable. This kit is suitable for use in convenience stores, police interview rooms, booking rooms, fast food restaurants, casino soft count rooms, speech therapy labs, or anyplace where CCTV cameras are installed.
The APR-1 Desktop Base Station is a single-zone, non-alarming audio monitoring base station. As a system (with a Louroe microphone), it provides one-way live audio with a built-in 3" (7.62cm) speaker. It contains input / output jacks for connecting to a DVR / VCR that accept line level input for audio recording and playback. Other features include adjustable volume control and a 3.5mm headphone jack. A mute switch is also provided to mute the audio heard on the speaker of the headset. The distance between the APR-1 and the microphone can be up to 1,000' (305m).
The Verifact D-V Microphone is a low-impedance electret condenser microphone mounted to a 16 gauge stainless steel faceplate. It fits into a single-gang electrical box (sold separately) for flush or surface mounting and is designed for areas that are susceptible to vandalism.
The Dual RCA Cable allows connection to DVRs / VCRs or other audio devices that accept line level input. The UL listed AD-1 Plug-In Switching AC Adapter supplies 12VDC to the APR-1 Base Station and microphone.
APR-1 can be equipped with RM-1935 SER 19" (48.26cm) rack mount assembly (sold separately).
Wiring Requirements: 2-Conductor shielded cable, 22 gauge with a 24 gauge drain wire. Unshielded cables are not suitable for audio systems.
When this equipment is used as part of an audio monitoring system, the law requires that the public be given notice of AUDIO MONITORING ON THE PREMISES. A decal notice is included with each microphone shipped.
- APR-1 Desktop Base Station
- Built-in 3" (7.62cm) speaker for monitoring live audio
- Audio input / output jacks for recording and playback from a DVR / VCR
- Adjust monitoring level control
- 3.5mm headphone jack for private monitoring
- UL listed
- Verifact DV Microphone
- High sensitivity to low sound pressure
- Microphone can pick up normal sounds up to 15' (4.57m) away
- May be located up to 1,000' (305m) from base station
- Phantom powered from Louroe Base Station
- Microphone preamp contains sensitivity switch for lowering gain
- Flush or surface mount to wall or ceiling