The ASK-4 #102 Audio Monitoring Kit from Louroe Electronics is a single-zone audio monitoring system designed to interface with a DVR, VCR, or other recording devices that accept line level input. This kit consists of a Verifact D Microphone, an APR-1 Desktop Base Station, an AD-1 Plug-In Switching AC Adapter, and a Dual RCA Cable. This kit is suitable for use in convenience stores, police interview rooms, booking rooms, fast food restaurants, casino soft count rooms, speech therapy labs, or anyplace where CCTV cameras are installed.
The APR-1 Desktop Base Station is a single-zone, non-alarming audio monitoring base station. As a system (with a Louroe microphone), it provides one-way live audio with a built-in 3" (7.62cm) speaker. It contains input / output jacks for connecting to a DVR / VCR that accept line level input for audio recording and playback. Other features include adjustable volume control and a 3.5mm headphone jack. A mute switch is also provided to mute the audio heard on the speaker of the headset. The distance between the APR-1 base station and the microphone can be up to 1,000' (305m).
The Verifact D Microphone is an electret condenser microphone with a preamp and omni-directional pattern. It provides listening capabilities between the area of coverage and the Louroe Base Station or other audio receiving devices. The microphone assembly is mounted to the back of a single-gang stainless steel faceplate that fits into a single gang electrical box (sold separately). The D Microphone can be flush or surface mounted to a wall or ceiling.
The Dual RCA Cable allows connection to DVRs / VCRs or other audio devices that accept line level input. The UL listed AD-1 Plug-In Switching AC Adapter supplies 12VDC to the APR-1 Base Station and microphone.
APR-1 can be equipped with RM-1935 SER 19" (48.26cm) rack mount assembly (sold separately).
Wiring Requirements: 2-Conductor shielded cable, 22 gauge with a 24 gauge drain wire. Unshielded cables are not satisfactory for audio systems.
When this equipment is used as part of an audio monitoring system, the law requires that the public be given notice of AUDIO MONITORING ON THE PREMISES. A decal notice is included with each microphone shipped.
- APR-1 Audio Base Station
- Used for listening to live audio from microphone
- Audio input / output jacks for recording and playback from a DVR / VCR
- Built-in 3" (7.62cm) speaker for monitoring live audio and playback from a DVR or VCR
- 3.5mm headphone jack for private listening
- Adjust monitoring level control
- UL listed
- Verifact D Microphone
- High sensitivity to low sound pressure
- Microphone can pick up normal sounds up to 15' (4.57m) away
- May be located up to 1,000' (305m) from base station
- Phantom powered from the Louroe Base Station
- Microphone preamp contains sensitivity switch for lowering gain
- Flush or surface mount to wall or ceiling