The ASK-4 #302 Audio Monitoring Kit from Louroe Electronics is a 2-zone audio monitoring system designed for direct connection to a DVR, PC soundcard or IP Network Camera. This kit consists of 2 Verifact A Microphones, 2 Single RCA Cables for connecting to a DVR / VCR, an IF-2 Audio Interface Adapter, an AD-1 Plug-in Switching AC Adapter, and 2 RCA to 3.5mm Mono Adapters for connecting to an IP Camera with a 3.5mm mono audio input adapter.
The Verifact A Microphone is an omni-directional, low impedance, electret condenser Microphone with a built-in preamp for producing line level audio. It is housed in a high impact ABS dome designed for ceiling or wall mounting. The normal pick-up pattern is approximately 15' (4.57m) from the microphone location towards all the directions, or within a 30' (9.14m) diameter circle. It is suitable for use in convenience stores, fast food restaurants, booking rooms, interrogation rooms, day care centers, sleep disorder centers, therapy labs, cashier booths, gas stations, or anywhere CCTV cameras are installed.
The Louroe IF-2 Audio Interface Adapter is designed for connecting up to 2 Louroe microphones to a DVR or other recording devices that has multiple audio inputs. The units contain RCA outputs (per microphone) for accommodating either an RCA input or a 3.5mm (mini jack) input connection to a DVR, an IP network camera, or a video server using the connector cables supplied. The IF-2 Audio Interface Adapter provides phantom power to the Louroe microphones, and it contains a variable gain adjust per output to prevent the overdriving of the DVR.
The function of the Audio Test Switch is to indicate the presence of audio and to assure that the IF-2 Audio Interface Adapter is driving the audio signals into the input of the audio receiving device. The audio indicator LED illuminates when audio is present.
Note! Wiring Requirements: 2 Conductor shielded cable, 22 gauge with a 24 gauge drain wire. Unshielded cables are not suitable for audio systems.
When this equipment is used as part of an audio monitoring system, the law requires that the public be given notice of AUDIO MONITORING ON THE PREMISES. A decal notice is included with each microphone shipped.
- IF-2 Interface Adapter
- Contains terminal blocks from microphone connections
- Supplies 12VDC power to the microphones dual output (per microphone) to accommodate either an RCA input or 3.5mm input connection to a DVR, IP Network Camera, etc.
- Gain adjust (each output) to prevent overdriving or under driving the audio signal
- Audio test switch with indicator LED to assure the presence of audio
- Verifact A Microphone
- Sturdy ABS housing
- Microphone can pick up normal sounds up to 15' (4.57m) away
- May be located up to 1,000' (305m) from base station
- Phantom powered from Louroe Base Station
- Microphone preamp contains sensitivity switch for lowering gain