The ASK-4 #304 Audio Monitoring Kit from Louroe Electronics is a 4-zone audio monitoring system designed for making a direct connection to a DVR, PC soundcard, or IP camera. This kit consists of 4 Verifact A Microphones, 4 Single RCA Cables, an IF-4 Audio Interface Adapter, an AD-1 Plug-in Switching AC Adapter, and an RCA to 3.5 Mono Adapter for use with a DVR, IP camera, etc.
The IF-4 Audio Interface Adapter is designed for connecting up to 4 Louroe microphones to a DVR or other recording devices that have multiple audio inputs. The units contain RCA outputs (for each microphone) for accommodating either an RCA input or a 3.5mm (mini jack) input connection to a DVR, an IP network camera, or a video server using the connector cables supplied. The IF-4 Audio Interface Adapter provides phantom power to the microphones, and it contains a variable gain adjust per output to prevent the overdriving of the DVR.
The Audio Test Switch’s function is to indicate the presence of audio and to assure that the IF-4 Audio Interface Adapter is driving the audio signals into the input of the audio receiving device. The audio indicator LED illuminates when audio is present.
The Verifact A Microphone is an omni-directional, low-impedance, electret condenser microphone with a built-in preamp for producing line level audio. It is housed in a high-impact ABS dome designed for ceiling or wall mounting. The normal pick-up pattern is approximately 15' (4.57m) from the microphone location towards all directions, or within a 30' (9.14m) diameter circle.
The kit is suitable for use in convenience stores, fast food restaurants, booking rooms, interrogation rooms, day care centers, sleep disorder centers, therapy labs, cashier booths, gas stations, or anyplace where CCTV cameras are installed.
Note! Wiring Requirements: 2-conductor shielded cable, 22 gauge with a 24 gauge drain wire. Unshielded cables are not suitable for audio systems.
When this equipment is used as part of an audio monitoring system, the law requires that the public be given notice of AUDIO MONITORING ON THE PREMISES. A decal notice is included with each microphone shipped.
- IF-4 Interface Adapter
- Contains terminal blocks from microphone connections
- Supplies 12VDC power to the microphones’ dual output (per microphone) to accommodate either an RCA input or a 3.5mm input connection to a DVR, IP network camera, etc.
- Gain adjust (each output) to prevent overdriving or underdriving of the audio signal
- Audio test switch with indicator LED to assure the presence of audio
- Verifact A Microphone
- Sturdy ABS housing
- Microphone can pick up normal sounds up to 15' (4.57m) away
- May be located up to 1,000' (305m) from base station
- Phantom powered from Louroe Base Station (sold separately)
- Microphone preamp contains sensitivity switch for lowering gain