The ASK-4 #304-C Audio Monitoring Kit from Louroe Electronics is a 4-zone audio monitoring system designed for making a direct connection to a DVR, PC soundcard, or IP network camera. This kit consists of 4 Verifact C Microphones, 4 Single RCA Cables for connection to a DVR / VCR, an IF-4 Audio Interface Adapter, an AD-1 Plug-in Switching AC Adapter, and 4 RCA to 3.5 Mono Adapters for connecting to an IP camera with a 3.5mm mono audio input.
The IF-4 Audio Interface Adapter is designed for connecting up to 4 Louroe microphones to a DVR or other recording devices that have multiple audio inputs. The units contain RCA outputs (for each microphone) for accommodating either an RCA input or a 3.5mm (mini jack) input connection to a DVR, an IP network camera, or a video server using the connector cables supplied. The IF-4 Audio Interface Adapter provides phantom power to the Louroe microphones, and it features a variable gain adjust per output to prevent overdriving of the DVR.
The Audio Test Switch’s function is to indicate the presence of audio and to assure that the IF-4 Audio Interface Adapter is driving the audio signals into the input of the audio receiving device. The audio indicator LED illuminates when audio is present.
The Verifact C Microphone is an omni-directional, line level, electret condenser microphone mounted to a small PC board via 2 lead wires 6" (15cm) in length. The Model C Microphone is designed for small or unusual housings and custom requirements. The electronics on the PC board are protected by a plastic housing. A barrier block is exposed for connection to the Louroe Base Station (sold separately) or other audio devices. A cut-out is provided for making a wire connection to the Louroe Base Station or Audio Interface Adapter. A rubber grommet is included for positioning the microphone element.
The kit is suitable for use in convenience stores, fast food restaurants, booking rooms, interrogation rooms, day care centers, sleep disorder centers, therapy labs, cashier booths, observation rooms, or anyplace where CCTV cameras are installed.
Wiring Requirements: 2-conductor shielded cable, 22 gauge with a 24 gauge drain wire. Unshielded cables are not suitable for audio systems.
When this equipment is used as part of an audio monitoring system, the law requires that the public be given notice of AUDIO MONITORING ON THE PREMISES. A decal notice is included with each microphone shipped.
- IF-4 Interface Adapter
- Contains terminal blocks from microphone connections
- Supplies 12VDC power to the microphones’ dual output (per microphone) to accommodate either an RCA input or a 3.5mm input connection to a DVR, IP Network Camera, etc.
- Gain adjust (each output) to prevent overdriving or underdriving of the audio signal
- Audio test switch with indicator LED to assure the presence of audio
- Verifact C Microphone
- High sensitivity to low sound pressure
- Omni-directional, picks up normal sounds 15' (4.57m) away all directions, or within a 30' (9.14m) circle
- May be located up to 1,000' (305m) from the Louroe Base Station or Interface Adapter
- Phantom powered from Louroe Base Station (sold separately)
- Pre-amp contains a sensitivity switch for lowering gain