The N12000PRO 12-Bay Enterprise-Class NAS Server from Thecus is designed to meet the needs of large businesses dealing with large amount of data. With unified storage, the users will have the ability to plug their NAS to an iSCSI network, and at the same time, can use the Thecus NAS as an IP Storage pool for both protocols. This way, the NAS can be compatible with any existing or future architecture.
It is powered by the Intel Xeon E3-1275 processor that runs at 3.4 GHz. The quad-core processor is matched by 8GB of DDR3 RAM to ensure that even complex commands are executed without any glitch. To ensure optimal utilization of the processors, a PCI-e slot is provided to accommodate a 10GbE network card (sold separately), which along with link aggregation can be used to streamline the data traffic over the network.
Brought on by the ThecusOS 5.0, you can now dynamically stack your NAS units for obtaining more capacity on a single volume. This can be achieved by designating your N12000PRO as a stack master and implementing a 10GbE switch. A maximum of 8 target devices can be intertwined for a massive volume of multi TB capacity when utilizing 10GbE switch.
Up to 4 D16000 DAS can be daisy-chained to your N12000PRO NAS server to achieve an additional 64 bays of storage. As a result, massive expansions can be achieved to meet the needs of large capacity storage requirements. The SAS cables that are used to daisy-chain the DAS to the NAS help enhance data transfer speeds. If paired with volume expansion, daisy-chain can be used to expand storage capacity to up to 2.5PB.
The N12000PRO runs on ThecusOSTM 5.0, which supports the High Availability feature. High Availability allows you to replicate the data on an active NAS to another standby NAS via 10GbE synchronization. If data corruption occurs or if the active NAS has any HDD problems or downtime, then the standby server keeps all vital data saved and is available at all times to take over the active NAS’s responsibilities.
The N12000PRO supports Data Guard, a total back-up solution. It provides both local and remote backup under one roof. Currently, data is backed up across several RAID volumes, external USB drives, and eSATA. In addition, Data Guard is used to sync data across the network to other NAS, in order to take advantage of real-time remote replication to keep your data safe. More importantly, Thecus Data Guard also makes managing NAS user-friendly and convenient.
Additionally, to cover backup needs of enterprises, Thecus gives five free registered copies of their Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows. Acronis offers a wide range of features which includes scheduling and hot backups with password protection, advanced compression functionality to help save space, incremental backups to save time, and FTP/SFTP remote backup. Windows Server users now have a seamless, practical and secure system disaster recovery solution with the features offered by Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (OEM).
In a multiple user environment, a virus or malware may spread easily through the data stored on the NAS. Adding an antivirus to the already comprehensive software bundle will provide the necessary software protection by scanning the files on your NAS and defending it against possible threats. Thecus allow users the benefit of McAfee’s powerful software on their NAS entirely for free.
- High Availability (System Redundancy)
- High Availability is achieved by keeping data on 2 separate, identical NAS (Network Area Storage), which allows for convenient delay-free access to your data. If one needs maintenance, the other will take its place without affecting system performance.
- 10GbE Ready
- 10GB Ethernet-ready for high data transfer rates.
- Link Aggregation
- Link aggregation can sustain multiple network connections and provide redundancy in case one of the links fails. Thecus NAS supports 7 modes which provide Load Balance, Failover, 802.3ad, Balance-XOR, Balance-TLB and Balance-ALB, and Broadcast.
- Data Guard
- Data Guard backup software solution provides a user-friendly and convenient way to back up data on both a local and remote machines. Data can be backed up across RAID volumes, external USB drives, and eSATA at the host location or on other NAS servers at remote locations via a network.
- Data Burn
- Data Burn lets you burn NAS data directly onto a CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc. Burning ISO image files is also supported.
- Free McAfee antivirus is provided with this software bundle to protect the files on your NAS against possible threats.
- Cloud Backup
- Guard your data with RAID at home and add an additional level of protection in the Cloud. Just drag and drop files into the folder on your NAS and access them on any computer or mobile device with DropBox, Amazon S3, or ElephantDrive.
- HDMI Output
- The N12000PRO's HDMI output allows you to connect your NAS directly to your TV for device management.
- USB 3.0 Connectivity
- Achieve high data transfer speeds with the USB 3.0. Backwards compatibility allows this NAS to work with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices.
- Acronis True Image
- Acronis backup software offers a One-click Protection solution to back up all your data. You can also pick and choose only the important files that you want to backup.
- Multiple RAID
- Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection. If a hard drive malfunction ever occurs, the lost data can be recovered using online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare, and auto rebuild.
- Multiple File Systems
- Support for multiple file systems including EXT3, EXT4, and XFS, gives the Thecus NAS flexibility to handle many different types of environments. Users can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes to make optimal use for each disk.
- iSCSI Thin-Provisioning
- Connect through iSCSI for achieving optimal data transfer speeds and use the thin provisioning flexible storage functionality to manage disk space.
- iOS/Android Connectivity
- With ThecusShare and the Thecus Dashboard, you can manage your NAS, and upload to and download/stream from your NAS using an iOS or Android device on the go.
- Thecus's Rsync functionality gives users flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer to backup data.
- User Quota
- User Quota makes it easy to divide up and manage Thecus NAS disk space among multiple users.
- PCI-e slot
- Thecus NAS comes with a built in PCI-e slot, to support a 10G Ethernet adapter for fast transfer speeds, or a USB 3.0 adapter card to enjoy next-generation connectivity.